Monday, June 06, 2005

Parrots are so hot right now!

From Gawker stalker:

June 1: Julianne Moore walking on 14th street and 9th avenue and carrying an African Grey parrot in a travel cage… I’m not a parrot- connoisseur but my mother has one so I know that’s what was. She was dressed waaaay-down but still she looked stunning…she’s much shorter than I would have expected.

Here's a quote I stole from pullquote, a movie blog:

From a 1992 interview with Pauline Kael in the Oxford American:
OA: I've heard a few people say that they have stopped reading you because you have made them feel stupid at times for liking something they shouldn't. Have you ever---
Pauline Kael: Tough.

That tough old bird was the best! I wrote that and then realized I have birds on the brain in this post.

More movie stuff: saw both Mad Hot Ballroom and Layer Cake this weekend. Layer Cake is confusing (I guess the pre-movie beer didn't help) and I didn't give a crap about any of the characters. It's no Godfather, but it is better than Godfather III. Mad Hot Ballroom is great great great! I don't even like kids particularly but everyone should see it. It even melted my cold black heart by a degree or two. The teachers in it are especially inspiring. All the noble teachers I know should see it and give themselves a pat on the back.

Review of Aoli: still coming, but if I add it to this post I know everyone will skim it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will admit to skimming the movie review.

g-bomb