Thursday, June 02, 2005

The rumors are true

My close friends know that I'm been going through a very tough time in the last few days. You may have heard something about it. The rumors are all true. I've been watching the Godfather III. For someone that loves the Godfather saga (especially 1) as much as I do, this is akin to having your gall bladder out without anasthesia. This movie is like a cute young indie girl wearing a dress that's unbuttoned to the waist-you don't want to look but you can't look away (well, that makes it sound more pleasant than it is, but I didn't want to use the standard "train wreck" comparison). The hideous early nineties fashion (this movie is set in 1979), the Pacino scenery chewing, Sofia Coppola's terrified, stiff face, the incomprehensible plot in which Micheal Corleone is poised to become the richest man in the world (the sums discussed in business deals are so astronomical that it becomes like a scene in Austin Powers where Dr. Evil asks for 300 trillion dollars). The pope is involved. Horrible. What did I ever do to deserve this?

I feel guilty for the lack of local content lately. I guess I haven't heard about a lot of local news that has inspired me to write. I'll try to get my shit together to do another interview soon, I promise!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you forgot to mention how hot you think garcia is!

Charles

beckler said...

Not as embarassing as how hot you think Sofia is! Actually, there's brief interview footage with her on the extra features and when she is not frozen in fear of her bad acting and she moves her face naturally she's much cuter. Also, you can kinda see her rack in the last scenes of the movie. Or at least the general outlines. 36C?

beckler said...

P.S.-my blog is about to break the 300 hits mark for the first time, but it's all cuz of Brian Peppers.