Thursday, October 28, 2010

For the love of brew...

OK dudes, this is BIG. Or it could be. I, and a couple of the hopheads, have convinced taplister.com to add Sacramento as a city. Taplister is a website on which you can list beers currently on tap all over the city. Common citizens who become "ambassadors" can list beers, as well as business owners. This could be really awesome as a way to build excitement about beer in Sacramento, and just to generally find out what is on draft where.

How can we make it awesome? Beer lovers need to log in and become ambassadors. This will require a tiny bit of clicking effort on your part, so bear with me.

1) you need a twitter account. annoying, I know, but you don't need to use it for tweeting
2)create a login on taplister.com
3) then, go to this page to request to be an ambassador. they added me within minutes and then I tweeted (it's painful to say that) my first few beers, since I know what's on tap at the Weatherstone right now
4) In the future (when we have flying cars), it will be important to take off beers when kegs are blown. There are multiple ways to do this, so I don't think it will be too hard to figure out.

Please perservere and try this, and let me know if my instructions work for you. Some cities on taplister hardly us it, but some cities, like Portland (natch) keep it current and hopping.

And please blog about it if you have a blog and care at all.

4 comments:

undercover caterer said...

That's pretty cool, I think. I'll put something up Saturday. I'm going to nominate G for ambassadorship, he certainly knows what's on tap most places in town.

beckler said...

yes, that would be great if he would do it.

Anonymous said...

Nice. Is this intended to only notify of draft brews, or is it also used for bottles?

Wish there was something like this for retail too, but I guess that could get pretty convoluted.

Stone Vertical Epic at Taylors (is awesome) #inbottlesac

HN

beckler said...

Yeah, I think it's only taps.