Monday, October 04, 2010

damn hipsters

I know you don't come to Heckasac for excellent band photography and I will not disappoint you. Here's Buk Buk Bigups. Not pictured: Dylan and Joss.
Here's a cute photo of the cutest band! Dreamdate. Before they played, obviously. They have a new album coming out (including their first vinyl) and they will be hooking up a show in Sac soon.
Then on Sunday morning I headed over to another hip scene: the pancake breakfast at Koyasan Buddhist Temple on 14th and U.
Four bucks!
My only gripe was the shot glass of orange juice. I could have used more. Minus one star. They have this breakfast three times a year. Look for the fliers. It's fun, except for being crowded with too many hipsters. Look at this hipster wearing two shirts! He probably rode a fixie to the pancake breakfast.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That dude is sporting the look with a t-shirt! Amazing. My fall look is sorted.

-miller

verification: boymini. My fall look is further sorted!

beckler said...

man, who does he think he's fooling with those hipster glasses? they probably aren't really presciption.

Anonymous said...

Let me add I believe the shirt had a picture of him in front of a temple on it.
Sport that Miller!


natalie.

Anonymous said...

I happen to know that's Tao Lin's grandpa.


-knowcebo

Anonymous said...

4 eyes Xmas show is Dec. 17th.

I think the halloween show will be Feb. 19th unless anyone has a good reason why not to do it on that day.

Gbomb

Anonymous said...

And the theme is...?

Anonymous said...

Midwest bands. I like to call it "America's Heartland" but the theme is Midwest, so Motown is still on the table.

Anonymous said...

And Chicago? The city?

Anonymous said...

Man, you are killing me! As a geographer I know that the Great Lakes states are not the midwest, but for the halloween show's purpose both Chicago the band and Chicago the city would be acceptable.

g

beckler said...

the important question is: what about ICP?

Anonymous said...

Bands claimed thus far:
Cheap Trick
Mellencamp
The Pretenders
&
ICP

Oh and I just booked the Hub, we are going to move the merch table so it's a bit bigger.

Gbomb