Thursday, October 21, 2010

mission accomplished?

Ha! So we succeeded in confusing some of you who tried to get into the Verge and watch The Thing with us. Mission accomplished. There were not enough blueberry cookies to go around. That scene in The Thing with the dogs in the cage is one of the creepiest scenes ever. I love it so much.

uh, usually I'm not at a loss for posts but I feel like it right now. My Billy Ngo piece is in the SNR this week. It was fun getting to know Billy a little bit and hanging out at his restaurants. I really love some (not all, sometimes he overreaches) of what he is doing at Red Lotus. The dumplings are bangin, serial. He has some decent beer on draft as well. A dinner can be a good value (depending on how you order), but it's easy to overlook that when you compare it to actual dim sum prices. He sources quality meat, so there really isn't a direct comparison. The fish at Kru is IMPECCABLE. The chef's choice nigiri dinner is also a good value there, for top-quality sushi. And you get free edamame, which goes a long way with me.

I'm hungry! Going to fatface today. She has two new sandwiches, a "Cuban-style" shredded beef with hominy and a salami with pepper/olive/grape(!) relish. Mad scientist!

5 comments:

Liv Moe said...

i have fat face envy....

Anonymous said...

mad scientist with a boner?

beckler said...

I forgot that that's my halloween costume! thanks for reminding me.

Anonymous said...

That's a great article.
gbomb

Anonymous said...

But greg lukas is totally krappy.