Monday, May 16, 2011

bro-fest

Quick post: sooo....I worked the Sacramento brewfest.  I was suprised that I did not see anyone I know.  I guess I don't know that many bros, who made up 80% of the crowd.  I poured a Triple Rock brew and and Iron Springs brew, both were good.  I got to drink a couple of Moonlight brews, the Odonata (the brewery that cannot speak its name) kolsch, an Ale Industries beer (what a terrible brewery name), and a High Water Brewing IPA.  I think that was about it.  It's funny how drunk you can get off of a bunch of tiny little glasses of brew.  It's almost like they add up to one big glass.

How was ORMF?  Was it well-attended?  Are everybody's gardens dead from the hail and downpour?  I have not looked at mine yet because I'm scared to check it out.  It was looking so beautiful.

The next Verge movie night is this Thursday, May 19th.  We are showing Chris and Don.  It's another documentary, and I know you can't get enough of those.  I'm not being sarcastic.  I love them.

What does Rollins eat for breakfast?  Look in the comments to find out.

13 comments:

beckler said...

two scoops of protein powder and a glass of water. I bet you were expecting a joke. nope. but i've set you up if you'd like to make one

HK said...

My garden made it out OK. All the tomatoes and peppers are OK. One of my tall mint plants is leaning, but I hope it will bounce back.

Didn't make it to ORMF. I'm in full finals mode.

DJ Rick said...

ORMF was pretty well attended. I don't know if it broke the record of #7, but it seemed at least as packed as #10.

Highlight for me was NoBunny and Charles Albright. R. Stevie Moore was kinda infuriating in that he let his backing band jam for about 15 minutes before he started the first real song, and by then, it was starting to rain. They championed on for about five songs including "I Like to Stay Home" (which seems to be the favorite of every recently initiated RSM YouTube viewer). RSM looked like a grandpa-hipster Santa and was a total hoot, and his band was tight. He'd lost his falsetto. Coulda been great if it wasn't for the rain.

Anonymous said...

My raised beds seemed to have survived Thor's hail balls. Thanks for asking.

Jed

beckler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
beckler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charles Albright said...

Show was fun! It took 2.5 hours for me to get my food thou. That's bullshit.

Rollins breakfast: HARD boiled eggs.

Charles

beckler said...

finally, someone takes the bait. I think I am starting to get into Rollins again. Charles, did I give you my Rollins books? I think some sub-Bukowski woman-hating poetry is just what I need right now.

Anonymous said...

Anybody remember Henry Rollins doing spoken word on the Cutting Edge back in the 80's? Here's his "poem" about Madonna: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lSvyHgERaI

beckler said...

I am going to provide my own "what does henry rollins eat for breakfast" punchline:

your weakness

Anonymous said...

Henry Rollins just started a twitter account this month. He likes the Oh Sees.
http://twitter.com/#!/henryrollins

Charles Albright said...

Me and Joel would work on his garage and listen to this live Rollins tape from 1987. That's when I came up with the theory he is the Gen X Dio. He can't be that intense all the time. Can he?

Charles Albright

ps. Justin Pine also played me the first Rollins band Lp one night. I kinda liked it.