Wednesday, May 18, 2011

why so glum? you're banging Linda Rondstadt!

Tomorrow night (Thursday) at the Verge is the next movie night.  I don't even know if I should call it MidMo movie night.  It is MidMo, in the sense that Liv and I both write for MidMo.  This thing has really morphed from its early origins at The Hub.  We are showing "Chris and Don", which is a documentary about the May/September (is that right?) romance between Christopher Isherwood (novelist whose books were the inspiration for the movie "Cabaret) and the artist, Don Bachardy, who painted, among other things, the awesome official portrait of Jerry Brown.

Chris and Don
Thursday, May 19th
VCA (625 S st.)
donation
7:30 pm
free popcorn
drinks for sale

I am verrrryyyyyy jazzed about our June selection, which is another art-related documentary, Marwencol.  It's a riveting story, and we're working on an exciting panel.  I know how panels can be sometimes, but this one is going to be sizzling.  Brain stimulation included in ticket price.  This is going to be on June 16th, so pencil it in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

there is a nice article on their house in last month's world of interiors from the uk.

-ec

Anonymous said...

Berlin Stories by Isherwood is one of my favorites.

gbomb

Skipper said...

Man! I just watched Marwencol last weekend. Totally recommended with the far out ending and all.