Tuesday, May 10, 2011

DJ Dealy

There's an interesting DJ dealy going on at the Press Club tonight.  It's three heavy hitters: DJ Hailey, Mike C. and Tim Mantranga.  It's like The Expendables of DJing.  I guess Hailey would be Sylvester Stallone, Mike C. would be Dolph Lungren and Mantranga is Statham?  I thought Willis was in that movie?  PLUS Buk Buk is going to play and Did Is Dead which I have no idea WTF that is.  Sounds fun!  Starts at 9.

May is so off the chain it hurts.  Get back on the chain, May!  No really, I wish you would.   We have Max Freedom this Saturday with local boy made good (no, not Zach Hill) Charles Albright! And No Bunny got added.  I want to interview him, but alas it was not to be.  This time. I'll get him next time.

Then, the weekend after is the big SS records extravaganza in SF, culminating in NAR!

Scanning undietacos there are so many good shows coming up that it makes me want to move away, to some less than second tier city where I can just sit around and read on the weekends.  What would qualify as a less than second tier city?  Tulsa?  Is that the same as third tier or is it more like tier 2.5?

7 comments:

Liv Moe said...

gah, it never ends.... i'm conflicted about what i will be happiest to put to bed if and when the kings leave... the maloofs, arena talk, or the general ongoing kings soap opera.

Charles Albright said...

If there is any city in the world that should own there own sports team Green Bay style, it's Sacramento. We can put SMUD in charge.

Charles Albright

ps. ORMF looks to be off the chain this weekend. I have a guitar solo that will blow all of your minds.

wburg said...

Look at the bright side--the more time the city spends focusing on the Kings and arena stuff, the less time they have to pay attention to other pressing matters like those pesky underground music venues.

Charles Albright said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heQi0AZBH-0

beckler said...

I feel like I just got rickrolled, but worse

DJ Rick said...

I detest the word 'rickrolled'.

More than once, someone on The Hub or KDVS Events Facebook group has complained that I've invited them to too many KDVS Presents by saying "It's like I'm getting rickrolled". Why'd they sign up if they didn't wanna get invited? (One of them did tell me "Only invite me to shows if the bands are post-rock". Which pretty much says it all, doesn't it?)

Maximum Freedom advance tickets are for sale at Phono Select Records here in Sac or at the Delta of Venus in Davis. Or you can Paypal for them HERE. We are flying the godfather of home-taping and bizarre pop genius R. Stevie Moore here for a rare performance. You should Google his name if you haven't heard of him. No obscure legend is more obviously legendary within the first few Google results.

DJ Rick said...

Oh, and those advance tickets are $5 off.