Tuesday, May 31, 2011

fuck the yellow biplane

Man, I would just like to say fuck the yellow biplane that flies over the causeway!! Who can I fucking complain to to get this shit outlawed? They buzz the causeway and cause huge traffic jams in both directions.

I went on a little Central Valley jaunt with Liv and Lil Becky this weekend.  We saw the heights, and the depths of the Central Valley during those three days.  One height: Manny's California Fresh in Stockton.  Here's the Manny Dog.  It looks like it's saying "I'm delicious"

 Here's the hot tub at the Motel 6 in Madera.  I shudder thinking of this place.  I was so tired I slept in a bed that had dirty sheets without realizing it.  It was filled with...ugh, I can't even talk about it.




more after the jump



 So many bumpits! In every thrift store no matter what kind.









 I got a No Bunny mask! I wonder if he needs a new one.
 I got a Bob Fosse hat.
 This was a lady making picon punches at Noriegas in Bakersfield.  I think maybe she was not happy I was snapping her.  Man, they really do pack a punch!
 Didn't take many pictures in Noriegas, just stuffed my face, but it was one of those experiences that surpasses your expectations.  I wish I was eating some of the cold, herbed tongue on bread right now.
 The whole amazing meal, with wine (too much wine) is twenty bucks.  Insane.
 Bakersfield has a 102 year old ice cream parlor (take that, Gunthers) called Dewars.  This is the inside

 Here's a chocolate ice cream soda
 and a sundae



 Lots of great architecture

 Fresno had some Grateful Dead graffiti going on




 The Singles!




 I tried to capture the sleeping dog vibe





 And then Dahlia showed up too


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get that Fosse hat out of the house!

Are you sure that's the Singles? It kind of looks like Burnt Toast - San Jose's finest.

-miller

Anonymous said...

Whew...for a second there I thought you were talking about the weed known as "yellow biplane", and I was going to call you crazy.

biz

Liv Moe said...

who knew smiller was such a hater?

Anonymous said...

Is that Santa Muerte, patron saint of narco traffickers?

Anonymous said...

those hair salon signs would not be out of place in like, every sub-saharan anglophone african country.

so many radd pixx beckles!

-chapstich

Anonymous said...

Fuck... the yellow bi--plane,
lived by the seee......

-W

Anonymous said...

And, F Gaga, too.

-Lil Beck

Anonymous said...

If you're really ruffled by the yellow bi-plane, call the FAA Flight Standards District Office (there's one in Sac and it covers Yolo) to report it. They have to investigate boring things like that all day.

-State Worker