Friday, April 21, 2006

peep it, peeps

Because I am so dumb with directions (ask anyone, I'm terrible) I googlemapped that carwash tomorrow and it turns out that you can just take 99 south to the 47th ave east exit. How easy is that? You have no excuse to not go tomorrow, unless you are one of the two people who are getting married. I will let you two off the hook. And bring some books! Remember, it's 5601 47th ave. Then, you can just go a few blocks further down 47th ave. turn left on stockton, and soon you will be at Alonzo's. I recommend the chilaquiles. Maybe tomorrow I will try the pozole. People come in with big pots and buy a whole pot of it to take home. It must be good.

Sunday is the peep-off at Dave's. Starts at two (read: three) at Dave's place on 19th and Capitol. One time I made a peep diorama of the Kings with a peep Gerald Wallace dunking. Or did I just help someone else make that diorama? Memory fuzzy. Then later on sunday the Kabinet is playing that Sam Peckinpah movie. You see why I never make it, J.? I can't promise with a straight face that I will be at the peep-off swillling beer starting at three and then get my shit sober enough to come to the Kabinet. But I'll try!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sunday Night, Billy B. Childish reading his poetry at Old I. Sure, it's poetry, but it's British punk poetry. Hipsters Only!

gbomb

Anonymous said...

Who on earth told you that you have to be sober to come to Kabinet?!!

Besides, surely the peeps will soak up all the alcohol. Right?

J.

Anonymous said...

is that thee Billy Childish??!!??!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the exposure, Hexsa, but I just want people to know DON't BRING BOOKS to the car wash! I'm not even going to be there because I have to go out of town to check on housing for next year...for those of you who will show up, I thank you in advance. Since we don't haeb enough kids signed up for the prom, this ensures that we can meet the deposit for the place and have it no matter how few kids show up.
Also, thanks to those who emailed about books...I will holler at you soon. And true, it is very close to Alonzo's as well as the amazing Torta palce on 26th and Franklin (El Abuelo).

Thanks Again!
- Patrone

Anonymous said...

It's also just blocks away from SF market. So if you're picking up some armadillo for the peep-off, stop off at Genesis first.

I have been out to Genesis aka Sac-City school district offices multiple times in the past few weeks and I am delightfully full of vietnemese sandwiches.

Miss B

Anonymous said...

YES!
It is thee Billy Childish. Be there or be square! Or if you're OMF you'll be there and be square.

Sincerely,
L. Hipster Esquire

Anonymous said...

ho ho ho. At least I won't be the guy wearing the oldest pair of pants in the room for once.

Childish is doing a set of 'blues' (read: he plays his songs solo) along with the poetry shiz. I've read reviews of this tour and he is apparently a very entertaining fellow.

Nice Childish article/interview in the bee today, too.

Anonymous said...

Patrone, I can't believe you outed Gramps! Now we'll have to say hi to (other?) hipsters every time we want a mind-blowing torta.
summer