Monday, April 24, 2006

wedding review

Jeez-I reallyreallyreally need to get some work done, but I also want to blog about the lovely wedding. I have finally been within the inner sanctum of the Sacramento Masonic society. I could feel the power coursing through the building. The scent of generations of secret blood rituals was hanging in the air. There was a painting of beardless Abe Lincoln whose piercing eyes seemed to follow you wherever you went. There was a secret elevator that was "out of order". There was a fireplace that so obviously had a secret panel that would send you spinning into another room but we ran out of time and couldn't figure out how to set it off. I am currently in fear for my life because I may have possibly uh, borrowed a few hangers on my way out. Special hangers that were for the hanging of secret robes, no doubt. I also may have run back to smiller's house barefoot, while he ran backwards to the cheers of some ladies outside p.f. changs as JBiz careened his bike about the sidewalk. There may have been a folk jam in smiller's room until four. I'm pretty sure I slept through most of that. It's all a little fuzzy. Anyway, the wedding. There was some pretty off the hook garage rock fashion busted. Hopefully some flickr person will post some pictures because mine were taken with a disposable camera. As the guests filed in smiller wondered aloud what the most garage rock moment of the night would be and his query was answered early when the bride and groom took their first kiss as man and wife to the strains of "louie, louie" and Charles lamented that omf had beaten him to it. The only way that Charles can top it at his wedding is to have either the Kingsmen or Black Flag actually play Louie Louie, preferably both at the same time. Mike Farell arrived late and we speculated on what he might wear. I pictured him in a turban, riding a magic carpet into the room while soloing on guitar. He wore lederhosen, so I wasn't that far off the mark. He and Tatiana had coordinating Bavarian outfits and Daisy Spot performed a set as a duo. Dave "smith" performed the ceremony and the vows were quite touching punctuated with bursts of laughter because it's funny when Dave tries to say anything straight. The wedding started at three and quite a few people left by, I don't know, eight? nine? But there was a core group left until probably midnight. I am always one of the last to leave any wedding. Why leave before the keg runs out? To sum it up, great wedding, super fun and I wish OMF and Liv all the best!!!!

I skipped the Peep Off, which is pretty normal for me, I've only been to one or two of them ever. How was it? Who won? What about the Poop off? Who won that? How was Billy Childish? I did make it to the Kabinet to see the Peckinpah movie which was very fun. The movie was rad and it was set in Mexico which was an extra bonus to assuage my intense desire to get south of the border as soon as I can possibly go back. The only yucky part was that normal Peckinpah scene where a woman is raped or almost raped but she kinda gets into it. I hate that, but it was brief an in Alfredo Garcia it's only an attempted rape.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doug, from Texas won with 30 fucking peeps. 30! The end is nigh.

Ed

Anonymous said...

I believe I was wrong. It turns out that the playing of Louie Louie was actually the "most frat-rock" moment of the wedding. Tim Matranga's hair stepped up for the "most garage" award.

miller

werenotdeep said...

I have forthcoming photos that will prove that, dispite the winning number being so low, the peep off is far from dead. To cite an example, I got a great shot of a kid of about ten to twelve years old, his face smeared with marshmellow and dirt, and blood running out of a gash on his nose bridge, poised with a handful of peeps that he pelted me with moments afterwords.

And then video footage of Nitro chowin down on the peeps. Classic.

There was no armadillo, but I think the barbecued chicken I had, dispite my efforts to get the fire rekindled as it burnt out before all the chicken was cooked, wasn't quite cooked enough, because I felt pretty ill by the time I got home, and I hadn't eaten a single peep. But it wore off after a short nap, so it probably was nothing as serious as samonella. That can't be spelled right. Is it?

Anonymous said...

Photon. Not Nitro.

Possible, Childish review after lunch.

gbomb

Anonymous said...

extra, comma, g, bomb

werenotdeep said...

Photon, Nitro. Whatever. Space age dog.

beckler said...

there's a big difference. nitro would never eat a peep. in fact, nitro would never do anything cute. yes please write a childish reivew of the childish show. wedding pictures, anyone?

Anonymous said...

Also, Nitro is Jandek, Photon clearly isn't.

miller

werenotdeep said...

Okay, before Saturday, I was totally unfamiliar with either Nitro or Photon as names or nicknames for anybody, human or otherwise, so I'll just use my ignorance as an excuse for my confusion. Sorry to Photon and Nitro.

Anonymous said...

Nitro does nothing for anyone. including eating a peep.

I will post my wedding pics tonight on flikr.

including a photo essay telling the tale of a white suit and the karate chopping of a cake.

-head

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the well wishes!

I believe the same crazy Masonic energy that caused you to run barefoot to Miller's house, also took hold of Ms. Cross, causing her to run in front of our car on the way home. After, tragedy was narrowly averted she offered us baos and sent us on our way.

Off to NM!
-Liv Moe

beckler said...

namibia?

Anonymous said...

That would be two kegs of Masonic Energy. You can't get that stuff at normal ballrooms.

-EC