Friday, May 05, 2006

stuff AND things to do

Tonight Baby Grand is playing the Ironsides An Angle CD release show. Is it just me or does that seem like an odd bill?

Tomorrow is the lootenanny. Scroll down for details. It should be lots of fun. If you haven't seen The Band That Time Forgot you're in for a treat. Speaking of the BTTF, one of the singers, Maddy (Maddie?) is also an excellent masseuse and yoga instructor. If you are looking for a yoga class, you should go to hers on tuesday from 4:30 to 5:25. I went this week and I loved it! I was sore afterwards because I am quite out of shape, but I have been feeling more relaxed all week. And it's eight bucks for the first class. The only problem is that I had to get off work early to go so I don't think I can go very often. Does anyone have any recommendations for good, beginner yoga?

Sunday is the kick off of Bob Dylan month at the Kabinet, with Don't Look Back. I have seen this movie and it's really good, especially the part with Donovan. I just noticed that the website has archived articles from Kabinet film magazine, including this one defending Ishtar. I can't wait to read it.

Oh yeah, and if you are in the Bay Area, Lyme Regis is playine Thee Hemlock tomorrow night. They are sure to perform their hit song, Everybody's underwear is anybody's property.

Also this weekend:

New Band Show Case (this weekend at the Distillery)
Shows starts at 10pm, six bucks, at the Distillery
Friday
The Rosie Palms
Einstien and the Geniuses (ex-Big d and current memebers of Spiral States

Saturday
DeathBeast (members of RTL, the Spiral States)
Swords Awards (members the Four Eyes and the Sprial States)

what members?
I hear that this may be your only chance to catch Deathbeast because they are already going on indefinite hiatus.

7 comments:

ACK said...

I took one of Maddy's classes before and absolutely loved it! I have the same problem, I can never get off work in time. There is another really good teacher at the same studio that is great with beginners. I think her name is Jamie? She teaches the Sunday class at 6pm.

beckler said...

that's a terrible time for me. i need a good, after work class, but thanks for the tip. can we start a petition to get maddy to add an after work class? i can give it to her at the lootenanny.

ACK said...

I would definitely sign the petition. That 4:30 time slot is annoying. Most of us get off work after 5pm.

Alicia Patrice said...

i'm teaching a yoga class at alice's house tonight and on the 1st and 3rd fridays of the month. you're welcome to come. 6:30pm.

alicia

ACK said...

Alicia is also an excellent yoga teacher! If I was in town tonight I would be there.

beckler said...

i would but i already have plans that involve 6 to 9 layers of dip.

Anonymous said...

Death Beast on indefinite hiatus?

I am calling total bullshit on that.

Bullshit. Bullshit. Bullshit.

-Heckamax

PS Bullshit.

PSS Hi beckasac, I'm gonna try to swing by tonight, although I'll be working late.