Tuesday, September 05, 2006

lee sandwich


A friend mentioned that she had seen some sandwich travelogue (anyone know about this?) where Sac was in the segment on banh mi. That got me obsessively thinking about banh mi until I could go get one. So yesterday me and smiller headed out to Stockton Blvd. We were planning on going to Huong Lan, BUT I noticed a big sign that said baguette factory, quickly ascertained it was a Vietnamese sandwich shop and flipped a bitch. It was a local installment of the Lee Sandwich chain (relax, Huong Lan is a chain, too). This place just opened a few days ago and it is sparkling clean and seems to already be packed. They don't have the insane abundance of food that Huong Lan offers, but they do have more kinds of sandwiches. Smiller got the bbq pork, I got the meatball. They were both sooooooooooooooo good. The meatball tasted just like delicious meatloaf. They have all kinds of drinks like tapioca and avocado shake and such. I want to go back and get the tuna, almond, cheese on croissant. Smiller is having the veggie for lunch today so maybe he can tell you veggies how it is. They also had a French-influenced pastry called pate "chaud" which I hadn't heard of but I guess it's pate in puff pastry. I wish I would have gotten that!! And as of yesterday they had two-for-one fresh baked baguettes that are the bomb.

1 comment:

beckler said...

also very exciting is that they are breaking ground on a shopping complex in this area this is going to be called Little Saigon.