Friday, September 01, 2006

i've lost that fire

Man, I've lost my fire. I was just searching the internet for an mp3 of the Juvenile song I've Got That Fire to bring it back, but alas, all for naught (is that how you spell it). Wow, the words are dirty, though. I always thought he was saying Oscar Mayer and I was right but he ain't talking about baloney!

The Spiral States and Baby Grand are playing tonight. Here's the info

Baby Grand is playing this Friday night, Sept. 1st at the Distillery withthe Spiral States. Erik can't make it so we won't have the piano, but we'llhave our newest member, Christina, rocking the viola. That's right, viola!Come welcome her. It's going to be fun! We'll see you there!

I am probably going to see the hot incest movie at the Tower. Stop looking at me like I am a perv, the trailer is totally salacious and it has the girl from 24 and the weird looking girl from When A Stranger Calls and the cute guy from all those Hal Hartley movies that you loved when you were a teen.

Tomorrow I'm off to Harbor Winery and Bogle, with lunch probably at Dinky Diner. Sunday I'm taking a friend to Masons for her birthday. What are you doing? See, now no one will answer and I'll feel dumb.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the b-day shout last week. For some weird reason when I checked your blog all last week it was like stuck on aug. 18th. Then today suddenly it was up to date again. hmm.

Jason D

Anonymous said...

Working. All weekend long.

See, now there's no need to feel dumb. Instead, you can pity me.

Take care,
J.

beckler said...

you can't stop me from feeling dumb. now i will just switch to feeling dumb that I got so into karaoking "summer lovin'" last night (both parts). actually, i feel cool for that and I just wanted to brag.

worst songs to karaoke? steely dan songs. one line and then two minute instrumental breaks! sandra handled it like a pro, though. she won't do it without the fez on.

beckler said...

jason d-did you enjoy the birthday robbery I arranged for you? your episode of punk'd will be on next week so look for that.

Anonymous said...

That Juvenile could be the savior that brings all people together. To rise out of poverty. To learn crucial life skills. To make love, not war. To turn water into Cold Duck...
Ed

leon said...

Last night Niki and I went to Zelda's for dinner. I asked some lady that looked like one of the waitresses walking by if I could get some parmesan cheese. The lady got all mad at me and was all "I am not an employee at this establishment".

I was embarrassed, but totally cracking up for like an hour after dinner.


...you had to be there I guess

beckler said...

she was offended that you thought she looked like a zeldas waitress!

Anonymous said...

Well, thanks for finding a nice thug for the hold up. I couldn't have asked for a more professional and polite guy to push a nine into my gut. I have to think if it were on punk'd it'd be pretty boring 'cause miller and I just sort of drunkenly handed over our cash and kept walking almost like it was just some sort of minor inconvenience. Except I think we both kept repeating phrases like "fuck" and "holy fuck" and " did that really just happen" all the way home.

Jason D

Alice said...

i might go horse back riding. maybe. thing is, i have no boots. but, there's this stable that has the tagline "where all your dreams come true" and i think it would be rad to see if my dreams will come true once i get on top of that horse.

other than that, wedding #2 on sunday in the 5 wedding season that is this fall.

btw, i think it's rad that you sang summer lovin'.

beckler said...

i also sang nothing compares 2U, i've got friends in low places, never gonna give you up (rick astley), that's all i can remember. they never have sheryl crow, though, dammnit. one of the best songs was margaux's rendition of sister goldenhair. that song rules.

Anonymous said...

Dude,

We can't comment because we are at Burning Man.

gbomb

Anonymous said...

Hey, did you guys know that The Spiral States at the distillery will be Heckamax's second to last show with the band? The last will be with Pet's at Marilyn's on Spetember 16th. Also, Vince got a tattoo. That's all the Spiral States news I have.

HeckaAlecRoberts

Anonymous said...

I saw Vince's tattoo yesterday. Whoever did it captured Nitro's features perfectly!!

miller

beckler said...

which is amazing considering the size! usually with a full back tatt the mistakes become really clear.