Thursday, September 07, 2006

News and review weighs in

So the News and Review has FINALLY weighed in on local development, only it's...restaurant development! Oh well, this is an interesting article, and I understand the point is fine dining, but I still wish that there had been some small mention of the fantastic diversity of restaurants in the outer areas of Sac. Especially in the context of a quote from Mike Dunne saying Sacramentans aren't "adventurous eaters". Well, that depends on who you're talking to. Tell that to someone digging into a bowl of tripe at a local Mexican place or a dish of crispy duck intestines at a Chinese restaurant. You see what I'm sayin'?

Also, KW follows my lead and reviews Birriera Bugambilias. We pretty much concurred on the quality but this review did make me turn a little green with envy at the creativity a real restaurant reviewer can have when writing about food. I feel stymied by that at times. However, I feel that I'm better at a more free-wheeling approach than straight-up reviews. Look now I'm rambling.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, you're not rambling, you're fanning the flames of your own ego. Enough already about your stupid food reviews.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, hipster.

-miller

beckler said...

Wait, my ego's on fire!?!?! Fuck! Someone put it out, that thing's enormous and if the fire spreads we could all be in trouble. Thanks for letting me know, anonymous tipster, you are one of Americas true heroes for helping me to save my ego from this raging fire that is currently consuming it. Oww, it burns. Is this a chemical fire or a regular one? I'm just asking because then you have to use different things to extinguish it. Can you perhaps assist me in requisitioning one of those large flames that drop fire-retardant red stuff to come put my ego out?

beckler said...

I meant a large plane, how could a large flame put a fire out...unless that saying fight fire with fire is true. Is it, should I use fire to put out my raging ego fire?

Anonymous said...

Fight fire with fire, just like Metallica commanded you!

Anonymous said...

Yesterday...Workin` for the mall english school i heard Anarchy in the Uk muzak starting my shift.When leaving i heard I don`t Like Mondays Muzak.I felt really bad.jay san

Josh Nice said...

i have to believe that the people at the muzak factory were just cracking up when they were working on anarchy in the UK. now that's punk.

while i loved the restaurant, the writer has adverb problems: "deliciously handmade"?

the creamy stuff on the shortribs!

Josh Nice said...

more asenine adverbs! "crunchily golden"?!?!? bring back Jason D!