Friday, May 02, 2008

stuff to do!

I hate to bust out the "h" word, but a pretty hip Brooklyn (god, my mom always used the word hip to denote someone who smoked weed, but I can't think of how else to say it) band is playing at the Blue Lamp tonight, they're called Blood On the Wall. I saw them open for the Black Dice before, they're a good, fun party-style band. They're playing with Pets and the Nurses.

Also, local renaissance eccentric Zak Nelson is having at art opening at Brick Brack (2114 p st.) and then playing a show at the Witchdome. That's my plan for the night, but I may try to hop over to Blood On The Wall, too.

Tomorrow, Rock the Light and Iguanadon at the Distillery.

Sunday, the Ancient Sons are playing at Club Pow, but looks like it's not an early show. Starts at nine.

6 comments:

fft said...

BLOOD ON THE WALL is canceled (right)?

beckler said...

I don't know. It's on their myspace.

Anonymous said...

"Stoner Jams" and "Biker Psych" are my two new favorite subgenres...it's infuriating how often I see these two categories mentioned!

-- Patrone

beckler said...

what about shit rock? how do you feel about that?

Anonymous said...

Shit rock isn't new.

patrone

Anonymous said...

The Blue Lamp calendar says Hot Pistol and a few others for tonight. Blood On The Wall is playing SF Saturday w/ Pets at 12 Galaxies. And yes the full Ancient Sons band will be rockin' the Press Club Sunday w/ 2 LA bands at 9pm!

chris