Thursday, January 26, 2006

fuckin' job!

Fuck my work today!

The duck from Cheung Hing was amazingly delicious. We ate every bit of crispy skin and every morsel of meat.

In other eating news, I'm going to Mason's next week and to Biba within the next couple of weeks, so you can expect some reviews.

I have tomorrow off so I hope you guys can find stuff to talk about without me. There's a Lyme Regis/Losin' Streaks show on saturday for OMF's eighty-eleventh birthday. I thought I would be out of town but due to a storm you may see me there. There's a show listed at Junta tomorrow night. Who believes that that one is going to happen? The Bananas have a show coming up at Gilman pretty soon. I promise I'll remind you as it approaches. Also, I have seen the Nautical Rock and Roll LP (not yet available to the general public) and it looks and sounds great! And some are on blue vinyl!

This Bee headline says "world awash in a glut of wine". I'm glad to find that it's not just me.

Happy Lunar New Year to those who are celebrating? Does anybody know if any local restaurants have special menus?

Gotta go! I'll be back on monday!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

re: world awash in glut of wine comment: good one, beckler. made me laugh.

mt.st.mtn. said...

smiller, i want a copy on blue vinyl as payment for layout work. i'll send you an invoice.

Anonymous said...

The back says "design & layout by Omnibus" so not only do you get credit for your good layout, you also get credit for our cut-n-paste-on-a-color-copier design! We only have 2 copies right now - the rest are reportedly in the mail.

miller

Anonymous said...

who put this one out?

Anonymous said...

I went to see Biba once, I ordered five first courses. Of course forgeting what the words Pasta, Linguine, Spaghetti, Gnocchi and Vermicelli meant. Everyone else thought it was a good idea too but when all those carbs rolled out, forget about it.
-Willy

Anonymous said...

I went to Biba once too. Our waiter was an asshole and tried to convince one member of our party that she ordered something different than she did and actually brought out a different dish. When he was busted in this supposed "error" it turned out they'd made too many of the wrong dish that he'd brought out and was just trying to unload it. So fucking rude and offensive. We'd ordered wine and multiple courses and spent a lot of money too. I've never been treated so poorly in a restaurant.

Miss B

Anonymous said...

It's too bad Beckasac isn't here to bag on Heyamoto's latest review in the Bee today. Her overuse of "we" for herself has got to stop. I miss Lebrock.

-Connie

werenotdeep said...

Oh man, I gotta see that.

werenotdeep said...

You know, I just realized that next time some drone in a phone bank calls and offers me the Bee for free for four weeks, I have a really good reason to give him, off the top of my head, that is, why I not only don't want the Bee, I don't even want it for free.

Anonymous said...

Two things I love about this article:

1) The blurry, middle-aged blonde doing the chicken dance;

2) The haikuish brilliance in partier Kent Sheppard's (48, Sacramento) quote: "It's Friday night; the weekend is too young."

A-FUCKING-MEN, KENT!!!!

Patrone

PS - You can catch me reciting that line this evening from 7:00-2:00 at the Flame.

Anonymous said...

Hey Patrone! If you are going to the Flame, say hi to Artest for me.

Gbomb