Monday, August 14, 2006

how bazaar


Thanks to an invitation from GW, I hit up the annual bazaar at the Buddhist church right by my house (the one by Target). I would have totally missed it as I was out of town riding the croc all weekend. Congratulations to Connie for mounting the croc in record time and to JM for giving it the old college try and pulling a few muscles in the process. The important thing when you fail is to get back on that croc again. I digress, the bazaar is off the chain! Best udon evs and it looks so cool inside (see picture stolen from their website). I wish we hadn't gotten there as it was shutting down cuz they have little bottles of sake for three bucks. Everything was so cheap. I got sunomono and cabbage slaw for a buck each and good sushi for 3.50. And it was heartwarming to see people of all races come together with smiles abounding.

I also saw Little Miss Sunshine and give it a thumbs up. It's good but is perhaps a tad overrated by the critics.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I miss it again.
How can I get stoked about something and yet miss it every year.

-natalie
p.s. Nice croc riding.

Anonymous said...

OMG. I don't know what you were all looking at but I got on that croc! I kicked that crocs ass. (well, considering the pain I've felt since then it could be said the croc kicked my ass, but since it is also true that I'm in it to Win it at all times) I totally kicked ass! whoo!
j.

Uneasy Rhetoric said...

I'm with natalie. Somehow, while I was living in Portland, I managed to be in Sacramento for the bazar two, maybe three, maybe even four times. Since I've been back? Nada.

And I love going to it.

Anonymous said...

That Bazar is Awesome.Did ya go to the game room where ya buy tickets and spin a wheel,golf game and other ones.I`ve won a case of soya sauce,cases of beer,Ramen packs and sake with cup set.I gonna say that the bazar is must for people that wanna discover the total friendlist sacramento fest and great food/drinks..Plus cheap japanese lessons every monday at the buddhist temple..The Festival is for obon which i don`t know much about.I know my family will visit there grave site and pray.People give presents away and there our festivals(matsuri) too.My freind Matsumura gave me case of beer and some sweets.I also went surfing with my friend who owns a chinese diner and his cook.I found out passenger can drink while the driver can`t as we had a beer on the way to beach.At 5am i was in the water and 5:10 am i was plowed by my first wave on a long board.I saw the sunrise and around 9 am made it my knees with arms up.Kumamoto has a bad ass matsuri--last week in september is the fujisaki fest..Which has alot drunks pushing big horses around town yellling destroy,destroy..It was a festival that celebrated victory over korea when japan was a big empire back in the day.The Horses got drunk by the yakuza and then violently paraded the streets.The parade has been tone`d down but somebody last(or two) year got kicked to death by a horse.Our house is open to any folks wishin` to visit the festival...take jay