Monday, August 21, 2006

I want to take you to monkeytown


I can't stop eating at Zen Toro and mourning its upcoming demise. I had more excellent sushi and sampled the delicious udon. The only positive thing I can think of about Zen Toro closing is that it has better ventilation than the old Taka's so when Takas opens there I won't get such a bad case of sushi hair. It's a pretty weak plus side, though.

I also went to the zoo yesterday for the first time in a while and Fairytale town for the first time ever. The gibbons were putting on quite a show. They were incessantly swinging as usual, but this time one of them was making an insanely loud, siren-like whoop whoop sound.It was really funny but I fear he is doing it because he has gone insane from boredom. My niece got really excited and shouted out "I like it here in monkeytown!". Pretty cute. Also, that one big orangutan is so crazy-looking that I can't handle it. His red dreads were freaking out I and I. People were taunting the chimps, as usual. Fairytale town was having water day and it was total bedlam, with tons of kids playing in the dirty moat and spraying everything with supersoakers. That place is pretty cool for a little kid. I like how everything was fifties-era. My niece was just running around frantically and climbing on everything but didn't really seem to register that the stuff was related to fairytales. I then treated the whole family to Los Jarritos for a grand total of 24 bucks, including beers (not for my niece, don't worry). You can't beat that price but I am sad to report that the pozole at Los is just so-so. The best I've had is as Alonzo's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm convinced that orangutan knows the answer to the meaning of life.

Anonymous said...

monkeytown sounds awesome