Wednesday, July 11, 2007

a-1 chicken

BR is on the west coast right now, so he can't take any pleasure in the knowledge that his advice to add more salt to my marinade resulted in some of the best damn chicken I've ever tasted! Or can he?

Bob Sylva wrote a really in-depth profile of the sushi chef at Otos. I showed up early enough there on this last saturday to score some bento and squid salad for lunch. I hope they eventually up their bento and sushi outputs, because they're always out in the afternoon. I was wondering about that Akebono place opening up in the adjacent strip mall, and this article clears up the question of who. I will definitely give it a try. I guess the new/old 524 restaurant is opening very soon. The ads in the News and Reviews give the impression that it will be sorta Zocalo-ey which seems really funny. We'll see.

Hey, did you know that the Finches are coming back to Sac pretty soon to play at the Record Club? July 29th, mark your calendars.

All right, that tears it, it is so fucking tacky and horrible of the Bee to allow comments on stories like this. How would you feel if a family member died in some accident and then you found a forum where a bunch of people could go off on them posthumously without the full facts being in? They usual crew of blowhards did this when the woman was shot by the Library club, and when a teen fell out of a car. Sometimes people die in freak accidents, and yeah, in some cases they might have been drinking or something but let's let he who is without sin cast the first fucking stone I think I read somewhere. They need to block comments on this out of respect for the family involved.

5 comments:

beckler said...

I can't believe some jerk headlined their comment "LOL" and then had the nerve to write this

My condolences to the family and friends and of course to the people who were there.

fft said...

srsly. just not appropriate. it'd be like commenting on Jeff Buckley's obit that he should get a darwin award for wearing steel-toed boots in the river. the bee should take the comments down.

beckler said...

I just commented to that effect. We'll see if they'll approve it. It's horrible to see that his family and friends are having to defend him against anonymous jerks that are just laughing.

beckler said...

I think they've shut the comments thread down on that particular article, so I wrote a letter to the editor about it.

Anonymous said...

Hmm... I never knew how Jeff Buckley died, but after reading the tale it does appear that he earned his Darwin award.

Cautionary lesson: do not sing along to Led Zep while swimming!

Heckamax take heed!