Monday, July 30, 2007

foing on a guilt trip


I have some cooking advice for you-when making a pizza, try not to watch it helplessly while it slides to the bottom face down in a 500 degree oven.

The Baby Grand/Bushes/Finches show was really really good. Here's where the guilt comes in (I'm Jewish so I can turn this on at any moment): dudes, Record Club is not going to exist if more people can't go to these awesome shows. I am not talking to any one of you specifically, because I know things come up, people have plans. This is the first show I've been to in a few weeks and I have missed plenty of good shows lately, including two pizza shows that I wanted to see. My point is, Roger is sticking his neck out doing this, he's djing good music, and it's on a sunday from 5-8 when there isn't shit to do except sit around watching your weekend tick away. Go to Record Club! Yeah, the Finches play in the area frequently, but if you had been there last night you would have been reminded that they are fucking amazing AND they played a brand new song that ruled AND Carolyn's stage banter is different and entertaining every time. We want stuff to keep happening in Sac, right? I know, it's the same old "support the scene" and sometimes the scene is effortlessly supported like a Cross Your Heart Bra. But sometimes it's sadly underattended. I don't know anything about the bands for the next record club, but I am going to try my best to make it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that Aaron is a stone fox too.

leon said...

I only go to shows if Baby Grand is playing.

Anonymous said...

I love Record Club. It's so fun to go and see a bunch of good bands and still be home by 9. I would've gone, but Lou Gramm was playing in Whitefish, MT and I couldn't miss it.

Fuck Mick Jones!

gbomb