Monday, May 23, 2005

Daisy Spot-connect the dot

I am becoming bored with my own prolific blogging, but I'll blog on just for you.

Baby Grand/Daisy Spot show at Old I. Tim W. remembered his inebriated pledge to put me on the guest list, which was greatly appreciated. Baby Grand was in fine form, and the crowd was enthusiastic, if a bit small for such a great line-up. Probably because there were so many other good shows on the same night.

Mike Farell was rocking a look that not many men could pull off (well, not after the year 1969, anyway), a black turtleneck with a large medallion over it. He completed the ensemble with red pants and sunglasses. Tatiana looks lovely as ever, and the bass player (who is also lucky enough to be her husband) is the epitome of the word "smooth". I just can't get enough of the creepy/sweet spell that Daisy Spot can cast when they're at their best. Mike and Tatiana seem like two beautiful, demented siblings as they sing sugary songs about dark subjects. I felt a wave of nostalgia because this show reminded of the first time I saw them, which I believe was at the Guild maybe eight or so years ago. Their songs are so insanely catchy that I could sing you a couple of them right now even though I don't think I've heard them perform them since that night. Enough gushing, I'm embarassing myself (and probably you).

Speaking of someone embarassing themselves, Wolf Eyes and crew were in full effect. I was gonna elaborate on this, but it seemed too mean, and if you were at the show you know what I'm talking about.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

doN'T tAlK shIte abOut mE!!! wOLf eYES AkA brIAn peppeRS SisTER

Anonymous said...

oR i WIll sTArE U iN tHe EyE aNd ClucK At U...

Josh said...

http://www.thekcrachannel.com/news/4512146/detail.html

Will this be blogged about?

beckler said...

Hmm...a whole family of schizophrenics. At least they can relate to each other.