Monday, May 02, 2005

Heckamax spends weekend in Chico

Al begged me to make that my headline, so I obliged. The most exciting thing I did this weekend was catch the end of the Alkali Flats set at the Fox and Goose on friday. Everyone inside was at least one and a half sheets to the wind when I arrived (I didn't get there until midnight) so there were a lot of semi-glazed smiles in the house. Everyone seemed to be having a great time. I haven't seen the Alkali Flats in forever, not since they snagged local guitar god (and Alec Roberts wannabe) Mike Ferrell. They sounded great, running through a set of old standards like "Luxury Liner". Various old dudes kept vying for a piece of the mic until it resembled an Old Timey American Idol audition. I heard there was an roaming afterparty that took place in both the giant Starbucks coffee cup and Ella's palatial hotel street across from Jim Denny's.

And that's about it. Didn't catch the Six Organs show. Is a boring post better than no post at all?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In hybrid animal news, introducing the zonkey: http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050429/ap_on_sc/barbados_zonkey_6

g-bomb

Anonymous said...

Bitchin' headline.

To top it off, I got a GREAT story. So I go to Chico, right? And I'm all like, you know, hangin' with my bros. And then I see an article on Carquinez Straits (Sacto band featuring closet headbanger Jed Brewer) which says that they are playing that night. So I was like, I'm TOTALLY going to go there. And I did. But here's the kicker. I walk into the bathroom and Jed is taking a leak. And I'm like, "Hey, Jed" like its no big deal that I was in Chico and he was in Chico and we are taking a leak in a bathroom in Chico and not in Sacto. He was totally fucking FREAKED OUT.

And that ends my Awesome Story. I hope you loved it.

-heckamax

Anonymous said...

Was he totally freaked out because you pinched his pink thing?