Tuesday, May 08, 2007

shows, duh

I haven't had time to read the entire issue of Midtown Monthly from cover to cover, but I read Heather Klinger's record reviews and boy is she a great writer! Very funny. I hope she writes more for MM. Make sure to check the back for a letter to me from and angry Oklahoman (see I was nice and didn't write Okie) about me calling Oklahoma a "flavor-hating state".

I'm off wednesday so don't forget the shows tonight and tomorrow at fools! Tyvek and Chaveau tonight, Finches and (maybe) Bushes tomorrow. They'll be a live simulcast to Germany tomorrow so that Leon can watch it whilst swilling steins of lager.

5 comments:

beckler said...

I just noticed that RL interviewed Mario in the Bee before the !!! show.

http://www.sacbee.com/122/story/161977.html

Anonymous said...

Uh hey, the Oklahoman is me, and it wasn't really angry, just annoyed at the time. I absolutely love your blog though (I think we've met once or twice too?) and I was serious about loving your reviews!
I just thought it was a little unfair, but us Okies are used to it. And you can say Okie all you want, we reappropriated that shit in the sixties.

leon said...

The Bushes are awesome! The recordings on their myspace page don't do (do not do?) them justice at all.

I hope Sacramento is lucky enough to have them come play tonight? (I have no idea way day it is at the moment).

White asparagus is in season here in Germany! I've definitely have had more than my fill of that and Käsespätzle, but I'll take all I can get!

leon said...

way=what

what + day = way

-Thants

P.S. Sorry

Anonymous said...

speaking of shows! ooh, i'm a virgin commenter on heckasac but totally read it all the time. just wanted to tell you all that buildings breeding (mushpot records) from davis is playing a FREE show @ cuff's (26th & j street) in sac for the second saturday art fun this weekend. their cd that came out this year is super cute and i feel they're a totally refreshing new addition to the music scene 'round these parts. the kids should be playing around or shortly after 7 pm and it's free and there may just be snacks and drinks and art as well. oh! and the awesome rachel leibrock just posted a lil 21Q blog on the sacticke website about the show. ok bye!