Tuesday, July 25, 2006

the a word

More a word news.

I ate at Mikuni last night and I feel like a sucker. It's just not good. The zig zag roll was soggy and gross. On the plus side, you can get a giant jug of Geikkekan silver for 13 bucks and they turned a blind eye when GW carried out the remainder of it. Then we went to see "the lady in turdwater" as DB has dubbed it over at the Barnseyard. DB, you were right, I should have listened to you. I knew it would be dumb, but I didn't know that it would be a dumb kids movie. Well, unless the narf showed her tits later in the movie. I wouldn't know because GW and I left after about 35 minutes of schlock. It was funny how the narf kept reminding me of Madison in Splash because it was so clear that a movie in this vein (adult fairy tale) can be so much better if it has a sense of humor about itself. What passed for humor in "turd" was pretty much just broad racial stereotyping. The jerks behind us giggled plenty, even piping in saying "ching chong" when the Asian stereotyping was going on. Good one.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mayonnaise-y sushi is not a treat. I hope you have beeter food today.

Happy Birthday!

gbomb

Anonymous said...

Wow, I unintentionally made a racial slur. Better food.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!


-michele

cakegrrl said...

Happy Birthday, Heckasac! :)

beckler said...

thanks! yeah, scott's mom is getting us some rolle for dinner (which I haven't tried before) so it should indeed by better.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a lovely birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Beckler!!!
Eat the Foie Gras!!! Did I spell that right? Rolle makes the best and most affordable Foie Gras in town. Mmmmm!

Ella

Anonymous said...

You are getting Ester Rolle for your birthday? Good Times!!

Stephen Glass said...

Dy-no-mite!!! Have a hap-hap-happy birthday, Beckler! Where's the parade?

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRFDAY!

Anonymous said...

some of Mikuni's special rolls are pretty good... The Peter#2 is ok.

Oh and the Sea Steak is good.

The have Sho Chuko Bai (sp?) sake which is mily-white unfilteted sake and is served with a lemon. It's my favorite sake, and they are almost always sold out of it.

Anonymous said...

happy hecka day!

Christian said...

Indeed happy happy birthday, which now, since you've left work, was yesterday.

Your bad friend,

CK

cakegrrl said...

Yes, partake of the foie gras, apparently it will be illegal to buy/sell it here after the year 2012.

Anonymous said...

In belated honor of B/Heckasac, I pose this question that there might be an answer:

What's the deal with that horse opera that we were all going to make? Wasn't Liv involved? I got some motivation and some ideas that are backing up into my, well...

Answers?

Ed

Anonymous said...

Me and Liv still want to do it. Things have been busy, but we want to make time for this.

Ella

Anonymous said...

Becky, stop letting Mikuni trick you right fucking now, I demand it.
-natalie