Thursday, July 27, 2006

blue-eyed soul


The six organs show was really fun. I smoked hella brownweed (which I would like to give a shout out to for not getting me too stoned, thanks brownweed) and there were lava light-type projections going on so that was good enough for me. Psych-folk is OK, but what I'm really excited about is blue-eyed soul (I like the brown-eyed variety, too), namely, Robin Thicke. I'm not embarrassed to admit this. Yes, he's Alan Thicke of Growing Pains son, and you may remember when he busted out a while ago when he performed a song called "shooter" on the Tonight Show or something with Lil Wayne. Finally his record company is wising up and they filmed a video of them doing the song and hopefully it will be a single. It's gonna be big. He also has a much-delayed album coming out, that I think Pharrell is producing. I like this comment on youtube on lil weezy:

dis song is fuqen bom, weezy de best rapper spitting rite now til jay come baq, carter II was a fuqen CLASSIC. WEEZY F BABY BITCHES

speaking of blue-eyed soul, there is a pretty big tabloid scandal in England going on with George Michael right now. He got busted cruising again (not by the cops, by the tabloids) and people are saying his wedding to his longtime bf is off. The reason George Michael is the best is because he called into a radio show and said this:

I've got no issue with cruising. I've talked about it many times. This is no more of an issue than I ever said it was, it's never been an issue between us,”

and: 'You can't be in shame about the situation if the person isn't shamed, and I am certainly not that. 'I should be able to be what I am to young, gay people, which is a man who has succeeded in the industry for 25 years.

'Sorry if people don't like the fact I cruise on Hampstead Heath but the police absolutely accept that it goes on at night, it's the only place in London where that is so it's generally a safe place.'

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, cruising Hampstead Heath is better than cruising the men's room at Macy's on Sunrise Blvd. Just ask Channel 40's Stormin' Norman Jacobs...

--the coke head stan atkinson

Alice said...

recently i have longed for the brown weed of my youth simply because it's safer for those of us who can get too high and freak. i remember someone getting a bunch of brown that was packaged in a peach can once. it was actually a bit fruity.

beckler said...

I know where you can get some.

Anonymous said...

Yeah who knew that Stormin' Norman would turn out to have a bigger secret than his son (family friend) dropping out of Berkeley and running off to Nicaragua to fight with the Sandanistas.

Anonymous said...

Wow, so what ultimately happened to Stormin' the Younger? Between that and the Macy's scandal they sure have quite the fambly legacy.

--the coke head stan atkinson

Anonymous said...

Oh he eventually came back from Nicaragua and went back to school at Berkeley. The arrest was a big shock because up until then, everybody thought that the dope smokin' Sandanista was the most scandelous member of the Jacobs family.