Wednesday, July 26, 2006

let's get this party started?

I think this blog has a pattern where it's sometimes a little boring earlier in the week and then it really picks up speed by the end, so I'll try and kick that off.

On saturday, my birthday festivities will kick off around 4:00. Nar is gonna play pretty early. Come early for the cutthroat volleyball and stay for the band. And bring stuff to grill. If you choose to imbibe bring something, but I know most of my friends don't drink.

There's a show tonight at fool's foundation, a big one, six organs of admittance. It's expensive, but it's because this guy is pretty big and has a guarantee.

I'm going to the Waterboy tomorrow! Exciting! And I think I'll be going to the Firehouse soon under the auspices of Midtown/Downtown monthly. I'm curious about that place. It has a great location but I've never heard anyone say much about it.

Hey JG, what's up with the Kabinet this weekend? You're screening a movie, yes?

The Bananas have a show in SF on friday. Peeps should try to go, it will be fun!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your birthday party doesn't take this long to get started.

miller

beckler said...

everyone is so excited about that their hands are trembling and they can't type. also, they crapped their pants and had to go home and get new ones.

Stephen Glass said...

Six Organs' Ben Chasny (hell, he IS the band, dude) is the long, longtime ex of one of my best friends, and he is doing quite well and earning/demanding much money these days. Not bad for a hick from Humboldt.

cakegrrl said...

What did you have at/from Rolle last night?
Potential Firehouse review sounds exciting! They have a lengthy wine list.

beckler said...

i had smoked salmon from rolle and dill creme fraiche. delish. i think i am going to get a trip to the wine cellar at the firehouse maybe.

Anonymous said...

I may have missed this in all the build-up, but where will Nar be playing?
Mario

beckler said...

your house, dude. where can i put the keg?

Anonymous said...

I don't think Nar, or keg's, are allowed in NoNa without HOA..or Maloof approval.
Mario

beckler said...

Seriously, folks, I'll post the adress tomorrow or friday. It's at stoney ridge

Anonymous said...

Man, maybe it's just me, but if you're gonna play the "yeah, I'm big, but I'm gracious enough to play a small, artsy venue" card, you might want to forego the
guarantee.

-- Patrone

PS -- Wouldn't it be funny if I were referring to the Bananas show?

Anonymous said...

Hey JG, what's up with the Kabinet this weekend? You're screening a movie, yes?

Um...in a word, no.

I took two weeks off for the SFFF, and decided I could then use an extra Sunday to decompress. But Kabinet will be up and running in August, rest assured. Details to follow...

Happy birthday, by the way, you spring chicken! Any chance I could take you out to lunch to celebrate? I'd love to bend your ear/pick your brain about movies and Sacto redevelopment...

Take care,
J.

Anonymous said...

That Six Organs show sounds interesting. Hmmm, I wonder how Fools' air conditioning is. I just saw Brightblack Morning Light (which I think might be in the same circle of bands as Organs) open for Os Mutantes on Monday at the Fillmo'. Talented group of young back-to-nature types doing ethereal instrumental stuff. Hopefully we will see them play our beloved Sac soon, too.

Happy bday, young Hecka!

-Dave