Monday, July 17, 2006

excuse to print a cute Charlotte Rampling pic


The Bananas have a newly-recorded song (and a new, eye-searing yellow background) on their myspace and it sounds fucking great! Their number of friends has been shooting up since the tour and I may have to create a new profile in the effort to be the one-thousandth friend. They have some upcoming shows posted on there.

That Danny Offer/Dark Dark Mask/Carolyn Pennypacker Riggs show was great fun. Her voice makes me very sentimental and she totally kicked it and talked about astrology afterwards until super late. I'd like to see Dark Dark Mask again but I guess he doesn't play very often. Listen to the song "i've got" on his myspace. He played that at the show and I like it.

The Tati movie was good, although soooo different from Playtime and what I expected. It was very slapstick. The French Film Festival continues this weekend. I want to see the sexy Charlotte Rampling movie.

I also saw A Scanner Darkly at Tower last night and I recommend it. The animation works well, especially the shape-shifting suit. And I can't hate on Keanu despite the expressionlessness of his line reading. I am a sucker for a Philip K. Dick story and it's nice to finally know how this one ends because I've attempted to read it numerous times. Anyone who has ever seen or hung out in a tweaker house will recognize the realism in the one in this movie.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've all been shooting up since the tour too. Fucking northwest.

miller

beckler said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
beckler said...

Those sleeves are starting to really come together, though. I like how the stem of the martini glass with the naked girl in it wraps around your bicep

Ha! I'm the administrator so I can erase my comment typos to make myself look smarter

Anonymous said...

You still need to work on your period placement. I own this thread!!

miller

Alice said...

yeah. they nailed the tweaker house. i also wasn't totally aggravated by keanu which was pleasant. but winona still bugged me. the only good thing about her is her boobs.

beckler said...

the cartoon boobs were really big and looked like winona's real boobs, but they didnt' get her face right. it was just a little bit off which was more distracting than if it had been way off. biz said that that house and his bros were based on philip k. dick's real time as a tweaker

Alice said...

i figured it had to be based on someone's real tweaker experience given how accurate he portrayed the mindset of addicts. there were a lot of funny scenes in there but man, it was also sad. made me so glad i'm not addicted to tweaker drugs.

Anonymous said...

If you guys liked A Scanner Darkly, you should come by my house, oh, any time really & watch my neighbors perform A Carport Darkly.

miller

Anonymous said...

A Charles Barkly?

Stephen Glass said...

Those tweaker neighbors are your are still at it? They haven't been locked up or sold their lungs and feet for money yet?

beckler said...

I think the book was based on his tweaker house, but you could tell that Robert Downey Jr. was adlibbing from his own gnarls barkley experiences, and Woody Harrelson was acting way more like a stoner than a tweaker. Surprise.

Anonymous said...

hi heckasac!!

Hope everything is going well in Sacramento. I miss home!! But fret not, I'll be home soon. Saw !!! open up for the Peps and Tyler saw Jimmy Page hanging out backstage. The best.

-heckamax

beckler said...

you're blowing my mind.