Monday, July 17, 2006

letter back from futureofthearena.com

I received a response for my letter to the futureofarena.com Here's what the news 10 executive producer, Michael Langley had to say:

Good afternoon Heckasac (I signed it with my real name but I'm still trying to avoid google),

Thank you for taking the time to write. Actually they are two separate polls. The survey on futureofthearena.com was taken by users who visited the site. That's how they responded. The results on news10.net are from a phone poll taken by SurveyUSA and given exclusively to News 10. I'm sorry these two different polls are not more clearly differentiated. We have commissioned a new poll and will be posting the same results this evening on news10.net and futureofthearena.com. (You may be surprised by what people are saying now.) Again, thank you for taking the time to write and allowing me the opportunity to respond.

So, the poll that they are posting is from people logging onto this website, hardly a representative sample. Check out the post below for suggestions about where you can send any emails you may wish to write regarding this website and whether you think it's appropriate for news 10 to be running a website like this. For one thing, they need to clearly state where they got those numbers on the website.

No comments: