Monday, July 24, 2006

NAR!

I'm dreading to see what Voisin wrote over the weekend and I'm declaring a one-week moratorium on this blog of any arena talk. It's going to be voted on in November and I bet everyone that reads has made up their mind already so right now there's not much point.

More importantly (to me) my 32nd birthday is tomorrow. I'll be working. Last year my work took me to Nationwide, hopefully I can do that again this year. On saturday there is a Nar reunion dealy that I requested as a birthday present. I know a dude that was nice enough to make it happen. There is also gonna be volleyball and bbq-ing, sadly of the bring everything yourself variety because I don't want to run myself ragged making stuff. I'll post the details later in the week.

Have you forgotten how insanely good the Sunflower in Fair Oaks is? I won't even entertain the thought that some of you haven't yet been there because you might as well just slap yourself in the face if that is true. I wish that instead of an arena (oops, there's the a word) my tax dollars could go to building a Sunflower downtown. Hell, I would pay a hundred bucks personally to make that happen. And Fair Oaks Blvd. is loaded with every thrift store known to man (including a new thrift town). I scored a new dining room table from the antique and thrift store across from the Thrift Town.

Andy Nguyen let me down again yesterday. No, not the food, that was fucking delicious and reasonably priced (which is why I keep going back). They let me down by being completely chaotic as they always are, even though it wasn't that crowded. I gave myself almost an hour before the movie I was going to go see and it wasn't enough. I crammed my food down which gave me indigestion and I still decided I was going to be late while rushing there and didn't go. Curse you Andy Nguyen! GET IT THE FUCK TOGETHER PLEASE! They were screwing up people's orders left and right while I was there.

12 comments:

ACK said...

I love the Sunflower. I would also pay them $100 to move downtown. I wonder if enough of us chipped in, would they do it?

mmm...nutty tacos...

Anonymous said...

Andy Nguyens service is either really good or dreadful.

Last time I was there I waited a good 10 mins for someone to even bring us menus and water... then took our order and never came back. After abour 20 minutes of waiting I had to go ask if they even put in our order. Finally we got the food. Anyway.

Anonymous said...

I know there's a moratorium on The Oldest Topic Ever, but if people can't resist talking about it, I blogged about the Daniel Weintraub editorial and welcome your feedback.

http://blog.myspace.com/lousybumsed

Ed

Anonymous said...

It was nice running into you at coffee, getting a reminder that you exist outside of my computer screen.

werenotdeep said...

I'd pay $100 to see Nar play! And I don't have to!

beckler said...

Remember when I said I'd post the details later in the week? One of the details is that it cost a hundred bucks, but since you're cool paying that it's no prob, right?

Anonymous said...

Man oh,man i wish i could see NAR play.But i`m 5,000 miles away and working a sub/temp crazy job that has me train commutin` 80 kms plus a 5km walk to a crazy mall to sing and dance children`s songs for a insane bit of moo la.It`s raining like Bombay here!!!Or that`s what they say when it rains for almost two weeks straight.I wish there was also a Sunflower here too..Sometimes the heckasac reminds of the good vibes of Sactoe>>>>> Nar,Sun,thrift stores and the Sunflower.Who do have a groovy vegan curry place that plays indian music and puts the curry in a huge metal dish.Have a happy B-day beckasac...

beckler said...

thanks! how could it not be happy when i'm working and it's 105 degrees outside?

Anonymous said...

damn that andy nugget! i just get the food to go now, so i don't end up getting really mad every time i eat there.

werenotdeep said...

Sure, as long as I can pay with "Fake Cannabis"

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fake-Silk-Cannabis-Plant-And-Pot-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ7753665071QQcategoryZ519QQcmdZViewItem

Anonymous said...

If you think that the host is going to fall for that, you've got another thing coming!

gbomb

werenotdeep said...

I actually just thought it was funny. Appearantly, there's a bit of a market for cosmetic pot plants. I wanted to post the link to the article I read yesterday at work, but I couldn't find it last night at home, so I just linked to that ebay auction. The article is a little funnier.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060724/ap_on_bi_ge/counterfeit_cannabis