Wednesday, July 05, 2006

hearing about other peoples dreams is boring


Due to a traumatic late night event involving my mother (I'll leave that to your imagination) I had a series of terrible nightmares this morning. It was pretty much the typical Ultimate College Nightmare called "I forgot to go to my class all semester". How long do I have to be out of school before I stop having this dream? And why does it fill me so with dread? The new twist on it this time was that the professors of the classes I remembered to attend (one of which was a "brazilian" language class, in my dream I'm not smart enough to call it portuguese) were reading my blog. Then the dream ended up with the most terrible "I forgot" scenario of all. I forgot to blog! That's right, I had a blog anxiety dream. So I'm trying to alleviate that right now by posting this.

Speaking of being filled with dread, the new Midtown/Downtown monthly is out (with local hottie councilman Ray Trethaway on the cover) and my articles are in it. The pictures of Gary from the Sub Shack are rad! My Bogle article kinda sucks IMHO (now that I know what that acronym means finally) and contains a Heyamoto-esque sentence that I begged the ed. to take out but he was really busy and forgot. Now Heyamoto can read it and take potshots at me! I used my real name this one and I also wrote a little blurb about the Dinky Diner in Clarksburg.

I really really gotta go do some work but first I'll mention that the wine tasting is at 58 degrees tonight. It's the Grateful Palate portfolio. I think that's an Australian wine importing company but I'm not clear what their wines are. Now my roomate works there so I can use her discount to buy wine! Stoked!

Another cause for excitement is a show this friday in Frisco put on by none other than the illustrious Matt Roberts, who is releasing the Finches six song EP on vinyl. Not as exciting as a new record, but not bad. This show has a fantastic lineup of Whysp, The Mantles and the Finches and is at Hotel Utah. Wild horses couldn't keep me away, which is a good setup for my next post, which will partially about Gram Parsons. Holy crap that man was fine! That's a picture of him with Nudie, obvs. I'm allowed to look at other men right now cuz Smiller is out of town on tour with the Bananas. Who's gonna go see the Thunder Down Under with me? Girls night out!! Woo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sommelier manager told me that he had no control over the wine choosing. The "company" chooses the selection due to what they need to get rid of. It sucks, but still its fun and educational. Come in and get mediocre, incompetent service and a meek cheese plate. Just kidding.

Josh Nice said...

matt would be happy to know i was rocking my free-box finches shirt last night at a 4th of july party on the beach in monrovia. i've never heard them, but i needed a yellow shirt. and they play with rose sometimes, right?

beckler said...

They played with Rose in Sac. It was a magical night. Maybe I could send a copy of the lp to your local Pot Of Ice (that's a private liberian joke, people).

Anonymous said...

No wine this Thursday (7/13), instead a Jack Russel beer tasting. Yuck. No worries, I'll be with Ray Davies!