Friday, July 21, 2006

busy weekend

I only have a second because I really should be working and I don't want to talk about the arena anymore. It's depressing me. I need to take a break from thinking about it for a bit.

So there's a lot going on this weekend. The two big things are the second weekend of the French Film Festival at the Crest and the Wasted Weekend III at Old Ironsides. I'll be there tonight slapping my knee at the celebrity-based comedy of the sweaty Neil Hamburger and praying right along with the Knights of the New Crusade. Saturday I may try to get out of town cuz I heard it's going to be 111. Is that possible?

10 comments:

Uneasy Rhetoric said...

The record is 114. Anything's possible.

Anonymous said...

I hope I can stay awake long enough to see America's Funnyman.
I was lucky enough to interview him yesterday and I put the interview up at www.rockass.net if any want to check it out.
He was really funny durring the interview. Quick on his feet.

beckler said...

good interview! i like the video clip, too.

beckler said...

to be a fly on the wall when he was talking with that chick from that 70s show

Anonymous said...

Great interview! EXCEPT that the Crash-A-Rama is on saturday (noon-6), not Sunday.... Wish I could put up the color poster MKS designed for WWIII. it's here for you artniks:
http://www.dollarrecord.com

signed/numbered silkscreen posters will be on sale ($5) at the shows...

sat may be the hottest day of the year... i guess crash-a-rama just has to be that way.

Anonymous said...

for a second there, i thought you meant world war three.

Anonymous said...

Matt's poster for world war III is A W E S O M E !! silkscreened with REAL BLOOD! sorry, no html link yet...

Anonymous said...

Yeah Tim let me know about my sunday/saturday gaf. All fixed up now.
Mighty nice poster.

Stephen Glass said...

111? Crikey.
65 with an ocean breeze up in these parts. And you wonder why there's so many expatriate Sacramentans here...

Anonymous said...

Friday Night of Wasted Weekend was great fun. Neil Hamburger was a riot. He has to be seen live, it's so much funnier than I thought it would be from the records and youtube clips.

Saturday at Crasharama was just insane hot. I saw most of the crashes, two bands- Winelord and SLA, both of whom were great but obviously feeling the heat- and then I had to split.

It's a great thing this Wasted Weekend, I hope next year the weather cooperates more.