Friday, February 17, 2006

blue states lose

Someone out there who knows is going to have to correct me if I'm wrong, but this is pretty exciting (to me). OK, so that guy Juan who ran the night Catfight just got all this publicity for having the last one and then ending the night so he could move to NY and, presumably, set that town on fire because what New York really needs is another small time hipster party promoter. Best of luck on that. And, gawker has this fun feature every friday where a couple of people scan all the week's pictures on those sexxeee party photo sites like Cobrasnake, Last Nights Party and Misshapes. How are these two things related? That's him, right? His very first week in NY and he gets mocked on Gawker? Not bad. The caption they gave it in Gawker is:

10) The reason the top of his head is bulging out so much? His brain is trying to get as far away from that fucking thing as possible.

Harsh!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

oh dang.

now that's some news Beckler!

Anonymous said...

That's too bad. He's a great guy, talented, friendly, smart. Oh well, I'm sure he's thick skinned enough to take a bit of ribbing.

KLJ

beckler said...

He always seemed nice when I ran into him at various places. At least he's gaining some notoriety.

beckler said...

you know, after I wrote that I went and looked up notoriety on dictionary.com and the definition was worse than I thought. i guess that is no consolation. I also looked up concupiscence, which I read in article yesterday and it means "a strong desire, especially sexual desire; lust". so i learned something new today.

Alice said...

concupiscence was my word of the day a couple days ago. weird coincidence.

i've gotta give props to juan because at the ultimate outfit party a few years back he joined me in wearing a pair of depends as part of the costume. i've had major respect for the dude ever since. i hope he takes the thing as a compliment.

Unknown said...

Juan strikes me as the kind of guy where bad publicity is better than none.

Anonymous said...

This will sound strange coming from Mr. Shit Talk The Hipsters (aka me), but that dude's pretty cool. There's a lot bigger
bone-jobs one could attack in this town.

- Patrone

Anonymous said...

i had a major staring problem when i saw #1 http://www.misshapes.com/pages/photodetail.aspx?d=02-11-06&id=063 while cashing my paycheck last week and i thought (s)he was an asian joan jett wanna-be. he was wearing buckle-boots that looked like he had been wearing since 1987 and the top of his mullet was all crazy like siouxsie hair. glam is not glam when you look busted.

Jc

beckler said...

that's crazy that you saw him! i guess ny is just a small town afterall.

Anonymous said...

Dude's a little wierd, but he's doing his own thing, and having fun. Which is more than I can say for the unoriginal and uninspriring vice-magazine-dos-and-don'ts-wanna-be who runs that almost-funny website.