Friday, February 03, 2006

good news for those with four grand extra a month laying around

You might be saying to yourself, "I have three to four thousand dollars a month left over from my job as a lobbyist, lawyer, or other professional and I need a luxury loft to live in that is within spitting distance of some terrible urban blight". Well, now you are in luck. Also, sorry Ella, but soon there will be restaurant named Ella in Sac. I actually talked to the owners (the ones that also run Sellands) about this place a couple of months ago and it stands a chance of being good, but does Sac really need another place that could call itself an "American Bistro"? How about a French bistro instead? Because there are none around whereas you can huck a rock and hit another place to get a rib eye with mashed potatoes or a grass-fed burger or some crab cakes in lemon garlic aioli, etc., etc.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget about the ever-present Grilled Ahi Tuna!

-Connie

beckler said...

No kidding! Even Mason's had that! And a crab salad with beets AND fennel, which is a combo of two of the most currently overused ingredients.

I would also like to confess that I delayed posting this because I didn't want it to be so obvious how often I am checkin heckasac. But come on! It's friday and everyone is playing hooky but me and one student.

Anonymous said...

I see connie beat me to the ahi reference.

Anonymous said...

Name stealers.

fuckers.

Actually I know one of them kind of (sellands owner's daughter who runs the place) and she is real nice. but I draw the line at the name. Maybe I should change it to Fresca.

-ella

Anonymous said...

Finally! A day spa in walking distance!

miller

werenotdeep said...

I preffer to have a night spa within a 45 minute drive, but not too close, if you know what I mean, Miller.

beckler said...

are you talking about the river?