Monday, February 14, 2005

Party review

What is up with the weird Cathy-related comments on Natalie's blog? I tried to comment, but the blog wouldn't let me. Who is this person? I was shocked a couple of weeks ago to read Cathy for the first time in years just as she was saying "I do" to what's-his-name. I tore it out and put it in my pocket, I'm not sure why.

Party review: Well, the ceiling didn't collapse so I give this party an A. Charles tried to bet me twenty bucks that it wouldn't collapse, but I was too smart for that, because I knew if it did, he'd be dead and I couldn't collect. I wasn't born yesterday. The Feeling sounded really good. There was a Euro joke band from the future that was pretty fucking funny but I felt they wore out their welcome a little bit. Or maybe I have a short attention span. Some wag did quip that they felt like they were on the set of the O.C. because of the undulating teenage girls. I watched a lot of MTV this weekend and I think I have a little better handle on teen style. There is a lot of wacky hair for the boys (spiked all over like a porcupine, nerdy fros, etc.) that would have been considered silly when I was a lass. Ditto for the young lady fashion in which weird things go on like wearing a camisole over a t-shirt. Everything is vaguely punk, but not really. Speaking of MTV, I love the new real world so much, and one of my reasons is to watch Karomo make out with hot guys, even if he is kind of an ass. Anyway, the party, yeah. The Jay and Joel show killed, as usual. Fetus city was spectacular but strangely fetus-free. The dancing was really fun. My only complaint is that I wish it was on a saturday so that I could have stayed up later. I hope these guys have a lot more parties, although I heard the cops showed up later and roughed one of them up.

I was reading the letters to the editor in the sunday Bee and I noticed that Dianna Griego Erwin caught mad shit for dissing McCartney's performance in the superbowl halftime show. So I guess passions run high on this issue, in general.

No comments: