Monday, February 14, 2005

theshocker


theshocker
Originally uploaded by becklerg.

In my ongoing effort to keep my readers fingers on the pulse of youth culture, here is a picture of the correct configuration of the shocker. maybe you guys could try it out tonight, since it's valentine's day and all. Just be sure to stretch properly first.

Speaking of Valentine's, I'm going to Biba's tonight for the first time. I'll review it tomorrow.

The city has continued to wage their war against dancing and fun by taking away various clubs dance permits:
http://www.sacbee.com/content/community_news/sacramento/story/12303317p-13167206c.html
Not that I've ever been to any of these places. Now that the Townhouse is gone, if they suspend Old I's license, that would almost be the end of dancing in this city. I guess there was recently another riot in Old Sac, too , but I can't seem to find the details on it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"the end of dancing in Sacramento".

well, there's still The Golden Bear (aka, 24 K Club, aka Cafe Montreal, aka Cafe Paris....), there's also Tower Club on Fridays and Sundays and then there are all of the non-Shaun G. and friends' affiliated clubs....

i love Old I though, and would be sad to see it suffer.