Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Terribowl?

Guess what will not make you feel cool? Coming out of the bathroom with you lab coat tucked into your pants and walking past a group of students.

I'm blogging from an undisclosed remote location right now. There's an interesting article about Marci "wolf eyes" Landergraf in today's Bee. I only put that nickname because I don't think it's mean. She does have unusually light and big eyes that may possibly enable her to read your mind and/or move things just by thinking. You have to register to see the article (the Bee just changed their rules). Apparently she's quite the trendsetting jetsetter. Here's a weird quote from a loyal customer "I like that she can somehow coordinate what hair naturally does with what you're asking for. She has the intensity of a neurosurgeon's face with the skills of Edward Scissor hands."' Hmm...the intensity of a neurosurgeon's face? I've heard her haircuts were great and I would probably try her out sometime if I didn't already have a stylist in the family. Surprised to see that she's still using her married name. The article in the Bee says she's 33, but that she had her kid when she was 16 and now he's 18. How does that work? Maybe it's possible depending on what month of the year he was born but it's hurting my brain to try to figure it out.

Speaking of mutton dressed as lamb, I went crazy and bought a pair of Rocawear jeans yesterday that I'm going to have to take back. They are so teenage I don't know what I was thinking. But for the ladies that have problems buying jeans, I was happy to see that, unlike the really pricey designer jeans that only make tiny sizes, Rocawear, G-Unit and Baby Phat all go up to bigger sizes and the price is around 50 bucks. So as long as you don't mind a few sequins, you may be in luck.

I went to Taka's again the other day with my dad and it was great! It's more laid-back and not so loud as other local sushi hot-spots, which makes it the perfect place to take your dad. The stand-out dish this time was the asparagus appetizer. It was lightly grilled, and brushed with oil, black pepper, and sea salt. It was presented beautifully, in a little segmented ceramic dish, stacked in a criss-cross arrangement, with a little dollop of mayo and a lemon to squeeze on top. It was delicious!

I also went to Land Park Bowl for the first time and it was really fun. Much better than Country Club (no teenagers ready to make fun of your clothes, etc.), but Jenny said she still prefers Fireside. It was 12 bucks for two games. The staff was all insanely nice, even the teenagers, and the cocktail waitress with spectacular fake nails kept bringing us free popcorn until I practically had to beg her to stop. D.P. and Homzee got burgers and fries, which they said were great. They looked really good but I was too scared of mad cow to try a bite. They even let us bowl until about 15 minutes after they closed so that we could finish our games. I am the worst and bestowed the nickname "snake eyes" on myself for obvious reasons.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

although i love Taka's, Hana Tsubaki is the best in town. and they have miso soup to die for.