Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Pretty ass titties

Ok, so the crowd for the Too Short show was pretty racially mixed. Lots of old white guys that loved 2 Live Crew back in the day. The DJ was from 102 and he was weak as fuck. He played the same Snoop song three times. How do you get so jaded as a DJ that you can be in front of 300 people and not care at all if you get them riled up and dancing? These horrible white rappers tried to warm up the crowd. The dude was biting Eminems nasal style and their sung chorus was, and I quote, "get on those dance floors please, so I can see you shake those knees" What?

The only person from 2 Live Crew that was present at this show was the original DJ. I didn't catch his name, but he did say that some of the women in Sac have some "pretty ass titties". That reminds me, the outstanding thing from this show was all the boobs. There are some exhibitionists out there, for real. Some of these ladies appeared to be professional, uh, dancers, but none of them were being paid. They just did it from the sheer joy that comes from flashing your tits. One lady gyrated on the stage for about 40 minutes. Unlike a real strip show, she allowed random guys to touch and squeeze. It was lucky she was there, cuz Too Short was about 2 hours late, and the crowd might have rioted if they weren't mesmerized by her boobs and fake passionate kissing with her girlfriend. Oh yeah, and 2 Live Crew have always sucked. They are the Andrew Dice Clay of dirty rap.

Too Short was good. Very smooth and appeared to be sipping a White Russian. He wasn't that concerned with putting on a good show, but was more concerned with where the after party was at and which lucky ladies would be attending said afterparty. People yelled out "The Plantation" as an after party location and Too Short seemed confused, which once again reminded me what an unfortunate name that is. Overall, it was fun and I'm glad I went.

The Bright Ideas ripped it up at the New Loft on saturday. They sounded great. The New Loft is cool. There was a room for bands and a DJ room/homemade bar. Maya was right, that Belgian beer (actually I got tricked and found out after I ordered that it was Fat Tire fake Belgian beer) had a super high alcohol content. One of them got me pretty drunk. Due to the three types of bands there were: my friends (bright ideas), mods (for the losin streaks), and rockers (for SLA). No, the mods did not fight the rockers but there was some fabulous fashion. I would like to write more but I am constantly being interrupted and I'm afraid that the students can see I'm writing something that contains the word "titties" so this is gonna have to do it. Bye!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"After Party At The Plantation!!" You can't make that stuff up. Actually, I just wrote that last line in case Josh is reading this. Because you could probably make that up - if you were hilarious.

miller