Friday, February 25, 2005

White tigers=hot

I have a second and I would like you to ponder the popularity of white tigers with "hipsters". I put that word in quotes to indicate that it has pretty much lost all meaning cuz it's overused, but it's still useful sometimes. Anyway, I have always thought that white tigers were funny. I don't know why. Maybe it's the Sigfried and Roy thing. I know that when I went to the San Diego Zoo with Charles quite a few years back he got a white tiger t-shirt. So I'm basically saying that I liked white tigers before white tigers were cool, as the country song goes. But lately, I have seen at least two local hipsters with white tiger t-shirts, which makes me ashamed to wear the one that i picked up at a thrift store recently, and now there is the band so so many white white tigers. I think this is a great band name, especially considering that it sometimes seems that every good band name in the world (like Anal Mucous) is already taken. This band is playing tonight, along with a bunch of other bands, at 5th and G in Davis. Every fiber in my being is set against traveling across the yolo causeway again later tonight, but despite that, I'm planning to go.

1 comment:

Alice said...

my sis' girlfriend teaches at the rock 'n roll camp for girls up in portland. the girls she mentored a couple years back named their band "snow tiger" and aubrey was pissed that she didn't think of the name first. i don't know what that says about the relationship between hipsters and 12 year old girls in portland. but i think it says something.