Monday, April 11, 2005

more blabbing

When is Dave Smith's official return date? I want to have a special blog entry dedicated to my favorite Dave Smith moments and I'm hoping others will share theirs, too. But not now! Whenever he's coming back.

As for other upcoming events, the McKinley book sale is coming up. I've had a hard time finding the dates, but I think it's the first weekend in may (same as the Dixon may fair). It may be during the week, too, I'm not sure. If you've never been to this, you must go. The book selection is amazing. It's held in the big brick building in McKinley park.

Also, has anyone read any Ian McKewan novels? His new book is so hyped that I'm interested but I've never heard much about him before this.

I saw Melinda and Melinda on friday and I would definitely recommend it. It's not a classic by any means but it is a definite improvement on Woody's last few. In fact, checking imdb, I would say that it's the best in six years, since "Sweet and Lowdown". And if you go see it, you will help to save the Tower! Save it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melinda and Melinda is soooo great! I love it! His last few movies have made me ashamed to call him my favorite director, but now he's back! And I would call it a classic, I think it's wonderful.

-michele

Maya said...

Thanks for the reviews on Melinda and Melinda. I love Woody Allen, creepy or no, he is a genius.

Anonymous said...

Cinco De Mayo is scheduled return date.
~Amelie

Anonymous said...

I've read Amsterdam & Enduring Love by McEwan. I think you'd like him. His books generally take off from the first page & are pretty engrossing throughout. I have Atonement set aside to read sometime this year - I've heard that's his best. That McKinley book sale had TONS of his books last year for some reason. I always get so psyched for that sale. I end up going like four times a year even though I've pretty much seen it all by the second day. I think I just like being there.

miller

beckler said...

Actually, after reading an article I realized that I had read "The Cement Garden" but I mostly just skipped to the incest part.