Wednesday, April 20, 2005

show review

The Rock the Light show last night was surprisingly hecka fun. I was dressed inappropriately because I was out of clean clothes so I branched out into a questionable outfit and thought it would be o k because I was picturing more people at the show and maybe dimmer lighting, but when I got there it was definitely a little too much. I struggled to sit in a ladylike manner and felt that I stuck out. Stupid assless chaps. But enough about me. Heckamax got the crowd riled with cries of "tuesday night". At one point, Charles asked the crowd if the levels sounded "good or great" and we of course replied "great". Heckamax had to keep entreating the masses not to lean on the rail in front of the stage, lest it collapse and kill one of the band members. The Hells Angels in front were causing some tension but luckily it didn't erupt into stabbin'. I don't know why RTL hired them to do security. I guess the Hare Krishnas just weren't working out. Some instrument switching went on and Dylan shredded surprisingly hard on guitar. That's the sign of a real pro band, when they can switch instruments without missing a beat.

There has been some buzz around the idea of a Crest vs. Tower spelling bee. The idea of a beauty contest was quickly nixed by the ladies. Let's hope the bee really happens. For the Crest I think this spells d-e-f-e-e-t. Cuz they are L-O-O-S-E-R-S. They will be H-U-M-I-L-I-G-R-A-T-E-D. Not to brag, but I'm probably the ringer they will bring in this time. Last time it was a battle of brawn, and they won, this time a battle of branes, and Tower will kick ass!

7 comments:

Alice said...

i'd like to be on the panel of impartial judges if you have a spelling bee.

Anonymous said...

I happen to know that Miller's favorite song is about a spelling bee.

I cant wait for Crest vs Tower 5 card texass hold em

Anonymous said...

I can't belive that yesterday was 4:19 and I didn't yell "4:19!" until everbody was sick of it.

We WILL KICK THE CREST's B-U-T-T at the spelling bee.

DOWN WITH THE CREST!

Anonymous said...

The Crest doesn't seem to have the gumption for these contests. I believe they may be to busy having to stand at their posts to have fun. The Tower tried to throw down the Spelling Bee gauntlet last night but a certain deep voiced slow talking man said neither he nor anybody else "cared". Hopefully this is just the opinion of a small boring faction that can be overcome. The Crest can't rest on it's cheating laurels for long> in late May we will outspell the fuck out of their shit!

beckler said...

C'mon Crest, step up to the plate! You have been slapped by the metaphorical glove of the Tower. If it helps you picture it, Tower's metaphorical glove is old, stained, has holes in it and smells like pee.

Anonymous said...

Great. Now I have "Spelling Bee" stuck in my head. Fuck!

miler

Anonymous said...

YES! I win and miller loses again!