Monday, April 11, 2005

Rapist strikes the south side

Oh yeah, I also have some bad news to report. There was a sexual assault at 12 and S st. On march 23rd. In broad fucking daylight. Here's the site for the sketch of the suspect: http://www.sacpd.org/alerts/dt_assault_0331.pdf
So stay alert and stay out of alleys when you're walking. When I first saw this flyer I didn't notice how he had been standing by the alley and that it was in the afternoon. I assumed it was in the middle of the night. I walked all over that exact neighborhood numerous times this weekend, and through alleys, too. I hope they fucking catch this guy. I was thinking of printing out threatening flyers and posting them around. Or even just posting the police department's flyer, but putting it everywhere, so if that guy walks around he will be freaked out. Because even though this assault happened three fucking blocks from my house, I have only seen one flyer posted, and it was in the window of Dad's. Maybe I will do that. I can print them at work.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have done the rapist flyer in the past (oh so Riot Grrly)

I think its a great idea.
post way more than you think you need, people tend to rip them down, I guess because they love rape or something.

-natalie

Alice said...

if you need any help posting the flyers, i'll join you. i think it would make an important statement in the neighborhood. i just hope that asshole actually sees his face everywhere and is filled with shame at what he did.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Im surprised that there arent any flyers around our hood. Im totally
freaked out now when I walk
Ping. It sucks. If you want to flyer, I will help!

Tess

Erik said...

Good thinking. I know it works. There were 2 hold-ups at gun-point last week in the 19th & O area, and one of the victims was walking up and down the nearby blocks a few days ago handing out flyers & explaining how it happened & what the suspect looked like, etc. Anna and I have been much more cautious since.

beckler said...

I am printing a bunch of copies right now. Tess, if you want to come by at 5:30 I could give you some copies to put up.

Anonymous said...

Oops, I just read this @ 6:09. Im still at work. If you have any more left over, drop them at my house and I will do it in the morning when I walk Ping. I'd prefer to put the rape flyers up in the morning when I feel safer mozying around the hood....