Monday, August 22, 2005

nigella!


nigella
Originally uploaded by becklerg.

Goddamn Nigella's hot. This isn't the best photo on her website but it's very Dr. Zhivago. Speaking of Nigella, Alec if you still read this, I want to get the recipe from your book for fried chicken. Specifically, how long does she soak the chicken in buttermilk and what does she fry it in. If it's not too much trouble.

What is up with the NY Times and this series of articles on intelligent design? All this examination is making it seem like a real scientific theory. It's giving it more weight than it deserves although I suppose ignoring it until it goes away will probably not work, either. I can't wait until Bush say something about it. I bet he'll come out in favor. It's not any more real than the Garden of Eden. It's just dressed up in fancy psuedo-scientific clothing. The two leading proponents have been discredited. So there.

How great is Zelda's? Have you been there lately? If it's been more than a few months then it's time for you to go back. It was SO DARK in there last night and so soothing. Like the womb, but with glitter and pizza.

8 comments:

leon said...

It's Zeldas pizza Monday!!!

*Trying to start the tradition since last month

Seriously, I don't know what I'd do if that place and Cornerstone went away. Probably move.

Alice said...

i would very gladly participate in zelda's pizza mondays.

Unknown said...

my great Aunt and Uncle have the same ceiling in their home.

and oddly, i'm not italian.

Anonymous said...

I. D. is a philosophical theory, as is science. Science is by the far the better of the two. All I am saying is that I.D. couldn't have led to the Play Station Two in my living room. It's terrible that the I.D. people can confuse the average Joe, but lets not completely marginalize there perspective completely. You can belive in intelligent design and belive in evolution. Or at least I could. Dependant upon the particular flavor of I.D. your selling.

Charles "St. Augustine believed in Evolution" Albright

Maya said...

All ID is is Thomas Aquinas in new language. Prime Mover anyone?

And I learned about Aquinas in my Medieval Philosophy class, not Biology.

Anonymous said...

where didd all the spam go? where am i supposed to find out about ceiling fans?

Anonymous said...

I don't really know anything about Aquinas or philosophy, but I think I remember hearing about some old school philosophers who liked to imagine God got everything rolling, and let it play out from there. In other words, God created the laws of nature, and those laws created the world, or something like that. It seems to me that arguments for intelligent design generally involve a lot more micromanagement by God---like "how could such a cool little flagellum ever evolve? It's inconceivable. Hence, God must have made that flagellum." These idiots aren't usually talking about the conceptual necessity of an uncaused causer.

Anonymous said...

To correct, that's "the honourable Nigella is hot," ma'am (her father is right honourable, but she's still one notch short of that). As my favorite English Jewess this side of Claire Bloom (sort of like a Rachel Weisz of the kitchen), she has whipped me over the years into a mesmerized state of wanting to resume the act of cooking, at least right after I resume the act of actually eating.