Thursday, September 15, 2005

hipgnosis

Now I'm like OBSESSED with finding out more about Hipgnosis. All the books I can find seem to be out of print. I can't even find out why the book is called "walk away rene". I found one of the founder's (Storm Thorgerson) websites. Here's a little thing he wrote about a Led Zeppelin cover that used to fascinate me. Now that I tested the link (like a real scientist) I see that the website is set up so you can't go directly. If you really care, go to "anecdotes", then "golden oldies" and then click on the Led Zep "presence" cover. And if you do all that you have wayyy too much time on your hands. Can there be any designers more responsible for the art look of the 80's than these guys? It's crazy.

7 comments:

beckler said...

Oh I see. You're all busy. Fine. I'm going home soon anyway.

Anonymous said...

I knew that was coming.

miller

Christian said...

There's a bit on Hipnogis in Nick Mason's book on Pink Floyd. Storm did the cover.

Christian said...

I can't fucking spell it but you know what I mean.

Anonymous said...

heckasac,
do you know if there are photos of the actual puppet towne? i was trying to explain it to my friend and wished I could show him a photo because you have to see it to believe it. I looked at the link from the show and no dice.

Anna

beckler said...

Does anybody have flickr puppet towne photos? of course you could just wait and see the puppet movie when it comes out. what's the progress on that, anyways?

Anonymous said...

progress report: the director was supposed to get the repaired camera back this week.