Friday, September 16, 2005

hooters! hooters! hoooooooters!

I got done packing and learning Portuguese in surprisingly good time last night so I decided to hop onto the trip to Hooters that had been planned. We drove out to the Arden Mall area and my stomach sank when I saw the multitudes camped out in the parking lot. The "lady" at the front told us it would be 45 minutes. I've been to Hooters before, and I do like the chicken, but it's certainly not worth waiting 45 minutes for. I also started getting stressed out at the crowd that was there. I was trying to relate this to DB later, and I said there were "horrible people" there. DB asked me to clarify and D.P. quickly interjected "I think she means 'normal Americans'". When I'm around dudes like that I always think they're going to start making fun of me. Grace was very irritated upon encountering the hooter's slogan that's printed on the back of all the ladies tankers. It's "delightfully tacky, yet unrefined". These words are synonyms, so using "yet" makes no sense whatsoever.

To make a long boring story short, we went to Maaloufs instead and every single thing we ordered was great. Paul got the baked kibbee lunch which has sort of a kibbee loaf rather than the deep-fried balls (yum) that are in the sandwich. The loaf tasted great. He also got a nasty yogurt drink but then turned up his nose at the Best Dessert In The World. What a weirdo. It was funny that we ended up there, because in a couple of days he will be in Armenia and this kind of food is all he's going to be able to get for a couple of weeks. But it is one of the best types of cuisine in the world, so how could you get sick of it?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Hooters slogan has driven me crazy for years!! I don't know if it bugs me more because it's redundant or because I'm pretty sure that 99% of the people who read it don't notice.

miller

Anonymous said...

Where is the Hooters by arden? and can you get me the erections....errr...directions by lunch time?

Alice said...

i don't even understand why they need a slogan on the tankers. particularly an explanatory slogan. i mean, you don't need to be told that hooters is tacky or unrefined. it's totally obvious. if they want to beef up its image by using fancy words and misplaced conjunctions, they should just pass out some shakespeare quotes about tits with the menus.

Anonymous said...

It is an ironic 'yet.' You must embrace the ironic 'yet.'

leon said...

Here is an obvious yet already known fact:

Sacramentans go crazy for new chain-restuarants.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I get it. Like how Donald Trump is "Totally Rich, Yet Wealthy As Hell."

Irony, I have to remember that.

miller

Anonymous said...

Myabe you guys have already seen this, but I hadn't. I got this off of Dean's blog:

http://www.ero.com/downloads/Kayne-West-Bush-Black-People.mov

Apparently it aired this way on the east coast, but was edited by the time it got to the west. Watch it all the way to the end, that's the best part.

Unknown said...

bon voyage D.P., Beckler and Smiller!

yet, i hope you have a safe trip.

Anonymous said...

With us gone, Sac's gonna be hella boring, yet uneventful.