Tuesday, September 06, 2005

So handsome


hot stuff!
Originally uploaded by becklerg.

The NY times has an article (which Anna told me about) on how Philip Roth is being honored with Library of America editions of all his books, an honor which has only been conferred on two living writers, Eudora Welty and Saul Bellow, so he's in pretty good company. The article is written in a weird, breezy style that rubbed me the wrong way somehow. But Roth seems like he's doing OK (although I guess the title "why is this man smiling" is a joke because he looks pretty stern in all the pictures), so that makes me happy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I guess Stanley Tucci has a lock on any upcoming Philip Roth roles.

-sac

Anonymous said...

Great. So now those Roth novels that I could get for a dollar at the Bookworm can now be bought for $25, and I get a little green tassle/bookmark in the middle that makes me think I'm reading the Bible. Portnoy's Complaint = the NEW New Testament. Note to Becky and other Jews- you can skip the first new testament. New Testament = Snoresville. Just a wimpy-assed God running around forgiving people and letting people spit on his son.

beckler said...

New testament? Never heard of it.

Unknown said...

wow, who else here goes to the Bookworm?

i thuoght it was far enough removed from the grid to be my little secret.

Anonymous said...

I've gotta check this site more regularly... does posting something days later even matter? Anyway, I worked at the Bookworm in h.s. - actually I worked at all of their stores. Those shops and the Spirit Record shop (R.I.P.) kept me from running away from home.

Dani