Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I present to you...the dregs

Boring MC post, sorry.

There has been a fight over Naked Lounge vs. The True Love in the last few days (news bulletins, asshats, the True Love is as dead as the true love between Kev and Alison). Here's some blathering: This just shows why the term "hipsters" has zero meaning these days. One post says, "hipsters go back to Infusion". All I ever see at Infusion are dorks on their laptops. I've never stopped there, but when I ride by that's what I see. And then another guy talks about "15 yeal old emo hipsters". There is nothing unhipper than a 15 year old emo kid. Well, there is, but that does not make them hipsters.

I have noticed that there is an upsurge in style going on in the outdoor area around Naked Lounge. It did look like a fashion show or costume party last time I rode by. There was lots of make-up and inappropriately hot (temperature wise) clothing and a girl wearing a hat made of balloons. I go to Peet's because I prefer the coffee there. Here is a pointless Peet's MC. OK, so she's a girl and she was working at Peet's on saturday and she smiled at you. And you don't describe her or say what time you were in. So it could probably be any one of like 5-8 women. Pointless. I do like the petite girl with the brown ponytail that works there. She's sweet. Not like frat boy "sweeet" but a sweet girl. No tats, she's there every weekday morning. This is not an MC, though.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

has anyone noticed that the new crunch wrap (one word or two?) at taco bell is very much like the taco burger i had created several blog comments ago or has it gone unnoticed?
credit should be placed where credit is due...i would like everyone to admit that i created this item way before taco bell announced they would release such a thing!....i should be the one with all the royalty checks from people eating my taco burger, not some big wig at tacobell HQ!!!!!

lovingly,
worm

Anonymous said...

As long as Jim Boys gets credit for creating the Taco Burger before you.

Anonymous said...

As was mentioned on the indie list a while back, a word search for "hipster" on the SNR's website returns 210 hits. They really love that word! It's entertaining how much pride people take in supposedly not being hip. Especially since you can find out about pretty much anything you might be even remotely interested in in about 5 minutes online.

miller

Anonymous said...

don't be a wise ass, smartass!
the idea of the taco burger i created is different and more like the tacobell one.....i only called it a taco burger because i can't do EVERYTHING!......
i think jimboys is overrated....i mean i had some of a chicken burrito and it was...cool....but taco bell just has the flare that jimboys doesn't....
i'm not trying to start a fight though....we all love burritos and me and burgers and combining all of those things would just be..............
amazing


worm

DB said...

The only flare I get from Taco Bell is the one shooting out my ass.

Anonymous said...

man, i hook a sista up with free shots and you think i would get an entry about how sweet "I" was at peets, but NOOO.

=)

-erik

Unknown said...

the term asshat is so under-used.

nice job Beckler.

beckler said...

But now you're (sadly) gone from Peet's so I can't get a hookup from you unless I break a bone.

Anonymous said...

I've used my laptop at infusion, and I am a dork. becky's right then, in her post, to say that only "dorks on their laptops" go to infusion.

-nicola

Anonymous said...

hold a sec. true love dead bet. kev and allison? did i miss something while i've been away these past few months? holy schmokes!