Wednesday, July 06, 2005

"A sea of drunken humanity"

The "drunken melee" on the American River has prompted officials to contemplate a ban on alcohol. Which begs the question, "you mean alcohol at the river has been legal all this time?!?" That's awesome! I always thought I had to drink on the sly there.

Legendary local drummer Mike G.(formerly of the Popesmashers and chkchkchk) is back from the Big Easy for good. Or at least for a while. Somebody start a band with this guy, quick. Speaking of chkchkchk, I learned from the new Fader mag that they have a summer single coming out. It's two covers, one of which is the Nate Dogg song "Get Up''. The other is a Magnetic Fields cover. I had a heckuva time finding out about it on the internerd (that !!! spelling of their name can make things pretty difficult), but you can stream it here. The cover is really cool (for a change). I just checked, and of course good old Tonevendor has it in stock. What would we all do without Tonevendor?

In more music news, former Black Dicer and guy with a, um, healthy self-image Hisham Bharoocha is the subject of an entire magazine about him and his friends. Check it here. Weird.

8 comments:

Josh said...

I'm going to come right out and say Me magazine looks fucking stupid.

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Was "ME ME ME!" already taken?

miller

Anonymous said...

bah! I hate it.
-head (the magazine)

beckler said...

Where can I pick up the first issue of head(the magazine)?

Anonymous said...

Those covers are so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nic and John's vocals sound great and I like how psychedelic the Nate Dogg song gets. I love 'em. I wonder if Tom the cranky record store dude will have it?

-bumrush

leon said...

What WILL we do without tonevendor?!?!

Dan and Heather are moving back to Florida in a matter of a couple months :(


Bummer, but they are going to try to keep a scaled down version of TV open in sac. I hope it lasts!!!

Anonymous said...

Alright - I can't wait to mailorder everything again!!
God, this news blows!! What's in Florida?

miller

Anonymous said...

This is weak. Meet Iam Adoucha.