Friday, July 08, 2005

Silence from the Crest

I already blogged about weekend plans so now I'm at a loss.

I'd like to once again sing the praises of Beers books, and I can't believe how lucky I am that I can just saunter over there while I am doing laundry at the world's most busted laundromat. And saunter I did, yesterday, to trade in a few unwanted books and come out with a Patricia Highsmith Ripley book and a copy of "Enduring Love" which is gripping. I already read half of it. Do I impress you with my fast reading skillz?

Still, no word from the Crest on the challenge that's been thrown down. What's up Crest? Are you just conceding victory to Tower?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You VERY much impress me Beckler. Let's see how fast you can post...Imagine me with a cyber gun pointing to your keyboard as you type!!!! Jesus I'm bored.

Brew

beckler said...

Are you threatening me? You can't be as bored as I am, cuz that's not possible.

I got nothin' to blog. I need help!!

Anonymous said...

i'm a crest'er and i take the spelling challenge.

DB said...

No one is as bored as I! NO ONE!!!

beckler said...

Finally, someone steps up.

Dan, you may think you are more bored than me but just moments ago I was sitting in a room watching a vole breathe. But then it stopped breathing, so I guess that was kind of exciting.

P.S.-Caroline-sorry about your vole. We did everything we could to save him.

DB said...

I would kill to watch a vole breathe right now.

Anonymous said...

re the great spelloff i spoke to a cresty yesterday that informed of a "secret weapon" they have fr a spellin. don't worry she's dating a french fly so how much of threat could she bee.l.o.l. anyhoo, the crest seems, once again, so ego inflated they are ignoring our challenge, but like david smahed the giant goliath with his superior wit,so shall the tower smash the hordes of the crest army!
.

Anonymous said...

Well, I nominated that we have a Black Flag Trivia contest. Or maybe a Round tabel philosophical discussion. The winner gets to keep drinking beer. and the loser gets to keep drinking beer.

Charles

ps I will not be entering the spelling contest.

Unknown said...

Charles, you cannot make up competitions only you will win.

that's being a poor sport.

Anonymous said...

no worries, i've become numb to the callous regard for vole life your lab has.