Monday, November 22, 2010

HOT

Man, this photo from the Hub makes me extra sad I did not go to this show. HOT!

There is so much going on this week, and no I'm not referring to Thanksgiving. Well, kinda, but more the Thanksgiving Bike Ride, which starts where this year?

And the most exciting thing happening this week is the Hmong New Year celebration at Cal Expo which starts this Thursday and continues until Sunday. It's 5 bucks admission, ten to park unless you ride your bike (it's a nice ride) or park across the street. Here's my post about it from last year.


4 comments:

Skipper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

The contest is held. Its either some sort of battle royal, or a series of Greek games. Whatever, Johnny wins.

beckler said...

I was just contacted by Johnny Diamond's lawyer (the infamous Murray Gold) and ordered to cease and desist mentioning the production of a certain top-secret movie project, so I was forced to comply.

Anonymous said...

Wild Flag was a lot better than I expected and I mean that in the best way! I wished I was able to stay for the whole thing but I started getting crazy sick and left just before midnight. I really want to hear the CD.

There were two cringe-worthy moments worth mentioning. One, there was a crazy dancer that was intent on "creating positive energy for the band" by bumping into and stepping on all the mellow girls around him. Cringe two was when (I think it was Mary Timony, Crazy Dancer was blocking my view) proclaimed the Hub "the smallest stage they've played on the West Coast!" Which she followed up quickly with "but we like it that way...it's like our practice space!" Mmm hmm. Yeah. I felt it was kind of a "let them eat cake" moment.

Niki